I felt led once again to start reading John Bevere's, "The Bait of Satan." You know how it goes...you start reading and start thinking of all the people in your life who need to read this book. But I told Lee I really want to hear what God is saying to Me, not others. And then it all started to come clear.
I was reminded of some of the trials we have walked through in the past several years. And realizing how God has been sifting us. One situation in particular where no man could help us or protect us. We came to a point where our total reliance was truly on God. He literally held our very lives in His hands. And when I think back to that time...when we truly turned to each other and said all we have is God...it was enough. That sifting. Shaking of our faith made our faith so strong. Our trust in Him grew so much deeper. When we came to the point of realizing that if God wants us to do something, He will also protect us in that thing.
Recently, after leaving to go to the states for surgery, may have seemed like an easy thing to others. But to me, it was hard. It was challenging not to physically have my husband by pmy side through most of it. It was challenging and heartbreaking to walk away from my three girls and husband at the airport. What must the workers have thought checking me through security as tears dripped down my face? But during that time, God did some new things in me. He showed me things. While my parents cared for me, it was the longest period I have had with them since I married. It was also the most uninterrupted time I had with the Lord since, well, ever. God sifted me. He spoke to me. Since then, I have spoken twice before our congregation. Only those who truly know me understand what God has done in me for this to happen.
God expects obedience. Obedience is not always easy. In fact, sometimes it will take all you've got. It will cost you more than you think you can afford. But the reward of your obedience is great. God speaks to us and uses others, His word, circumstances to confirm. Sometimes it's easy and clear. Sometimes it's His still small voice.
What sifting is God doing in you right now?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.