It is upon us. Our lives being reduced to piles of stuff. What to sell, what to ship, what we need to take in suitcases to live our very crazy lives over the next few months.
Please keep us in prayer. As things sell, we are living in a home of plastic boxes and suitcases. It is an emotional journey that is hard to explain. Moving internationally just has a deeper degree of stress that is hard to explain. We came with little and will leave with less. Selling things now that we thought we could keep. Seven years ago, I learned that stuff is just stuff. But also having to live means we need stuff. We need furniture and appliances and pretty things for our home to make it a home.
Today, we found a home for our dogs. That was another big thing we needed to happen. There is relief, but of course concern. Will the dogs have a good life? Be fed? Be safe. I know for Kailey and Tori, it is the biggest concern.
We do not know where we are going after this. That is huge. We are not leaving Belize because we have a better offer. We are moving because it is time. We are covered in God's peace about that. It is time for us to go. To release. But there are so many other questions in the air.
In less than a month, we have a graduation to celebrate. We are so excited and proud of Josh. And months after that, we have a wedding. This is an exciting time in our oldest child's life. And a time that I want and need to be present for. I have missed so much of his life these past four years.
Preparing to come to Texas in May is always huge. This year, it is even bigger. But it is different too. Knowing that we will come back, but only for a short time. Trying to figure out an apartment before we leave, but noone will hold it without us paying for the time we are gone. So, yet another thing that we just have to have faith that the Lord is in the details.
Please pray as Erika has been extra sensitive allergy wise and sickness over the past few months. I have also been battling congestion and fevers for the second time in just a couple months. We are normally very healthy. I feel this is an attack to distract us in our final months here. I want to get things done, and spend time with people. I do not have time to be sick.
We know God walks before us. We believe He is preparing a place for our family. The unknowns are at times daunting. The girls want to go to school. I want them to, as well. But need to know where that will be. It is hard to plan for the future not knowing where that future will be.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.