This weekend was a crazy one for LifeNet. We had a team of young people here from Seattle, and I believe it is a trip they will never forget.
We had the demonic manifest on Friday night, had an amazing move of the Holy Spirit at the Life Advance on Saturday, and then another manifestation on Sunday morning during our service. But you see, God is more powerful and mightier than any schemes of the devil. And that is our confidence as believers. Our leaders were stretched, but it was a growing experience for all of us.
But by Monday morning, Lee and I were just emotionally and physically wiped out. So we decided to take a day off and go visit Spanish Lookout. It is like a little piece of Texas and we have a family in our church, that we like to visit when we go. We always come back refreshed.
Lee and Erika had left a little before us to run an errand and drop off the van for mechanical work. So, the other girls are I were in the SUV on our way to pick them up and head out of town. As I was driving up the street, a local guy that I know, but would not normally stop for, waved me down. Not knowing what he wanted, I was a little unsure, but felt I was supposed to stop for him. A lady was on her way walking to the hospital (prob a 30 min walk from here) and was not going to make it. Could I take her to the hospital? Instantly, I knew it was the right thing. It is not America where you can just call 911 and even calling a taxi for her, I just felt there was no time.
I did not know this woman. I have never seen her before. I still would like to find the guy to see if he knows what happened.
As she got in my car, she was sweating profusely ( it is not that hot yet). She was barely breathing. Every breath was a battle. She smelled strongly of smoke, like she had been around it or just smoked. I immediately laid hands on her and prayed. I didn't even ask permission. Then began to drive, praying the whole way. Praying for God to keep me calm. I am not calm in emergencies. I began to think what will I do if she dies? Yes, it was that critical. The hospital has changed recently and I was not sure how to get her to the ER. I left the girls in the car so I could walk her in. It was just crazy. Noone there to help. No wheelchair to put her in. But God helped her walk in. But as soon as I got the security guard to open the door, (I had to scream at him that it was an emergency!!), the ER doctors were working on her immediately. I think she was having a heart attack. But the miracle and blessing is that I got her there alive. I pray that the few minutes she was in my car, she felt Jesus.
I also pray that I can see her again. That I can share Jesus with her. That I can tell her that it was not just a coincidence that I was driving by. That Jesus had me go at that very moment to help her because He loves her and cares about her.
We are in the final months of our time here in Belize...and it seems like God is just taking things up a notch as we go:)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.