
Yesterday was one of those days...here is how it went.
Woke up around 6 to shower and get dressed.
Started cleaning the house for home visits today (foster care). ( we have already had two this week from CASA and Lea's CPS worker)
10 til 7 Lea is picked up 10 minutes earlier than normal, so had to help her rush to get out the door.
7 Took Josh to Jr. High, stopped to get gas on the way home.

Came home, got Erika dressed and breakfast, still working on cleaning.
8 Took Tori and Emily to Elementary school.
Came home, rushed to finish cleaning, Lee leaves for work, need to get makeup on, hair done for the day.

9 Erika's CPS worker arrives and stays for about 30 minutes. Goes over what will happen in court on Wednesday at court, etc. Erika demands my attention the whole time, but does go sit on the lady's lap for half a second. This lady will be with us in court next week.
After she leaves, go to Walmart to get stuff for Nursery meeting this morning and Kelly's birthday.
10:30 Throw an impromptu party for Kelly, our children's minister with staff at the church. Set up some things for meeting today. Erika is happy to see all the staff...hugs everyone.
11 Need to hurry and leave to pick up lunch for older kids (all the while, pulling a 3 year old wherever I go:)
11:30 In line at High school to get Lea. Get phone call from Methodist home...Can she come now instead of at 2 to see Lea and Erika? I say Sure...as soon as I get kids, I will come home.
11:35 Lea gets in car, we rush to Jr High to get Josh...they are both happy I brought them cheeseburgers...they scarf it down as I drive home.
12:00 We arrive Home. Erika has fallen asleep in the carpool lines. I try to get her to stay asleep, but it doesnt work!!! She is not happy. Doorbell rings. Caseworker visits with Lea, while I try to make Erika happy and feed her.
12:30 Caseworker discusses Lea's future with me, while Erika fusses on me. Tori comes home from school (thank you Bianca!!)
1:30 We leave again. We spend about 45 minutes at Academy and then stop at Plato's Closet. Rush to hair cutting place for 3:00 appointment.
3:00 Hair cutting place is buzzing. Erika is excited to get her hair cut. We have one lady I prefer and have already called her and said all 4 kids and I need cuts for adoption day. Her previous appt is late and has backed up things. Josh goes and gets his hair cut first...looks good. Lea goes to a lady I don't normally use. I tell the lady..just a half inch...that is all. Keeping Erika entertained, realize there are 5 inch pieces of hair all around Lea on the floor. I go over to the lady and say she just wanted a little...thinking Lea is going to be so mad!!! The lady ignores me..I stew!!! Tori gets her hair cut by our lady...She looks cute. Lea comes over...turns out, she asked the lady to chop it all and give her bangs. She looks beautiful. I feel better. Erika and I go at the same time and get our hair cut...Erika is very good so that is a blessing. When she is done, kids try to keep her with them...as I finish. I go to pay...there is a little discrepency...a lot of money to have a whole family hair cut!!!! But one thing marked off my list for Wednesday.
4:30 Come home, put stuff on budget, clean up kitchen, get snacks for who wants it...
Lee comes home early
5:30 Leave for Tori's school carnival with Tori and Erika...Bigger kids go with Lee to youth thing at church
Craziness at carnival...too much to go into, but overall a fun time. I am so relieved when Lee finally joins us at 6:30 Oh, and we met Courtney and the girls there, so that was fun.
8:30 Home, help Lee switch over our monthly budget, then leave to finish setting up for this morning and pick up Josh and Lea.
9:30 Home and get everyone ready for bed...finally go to bed around 10:30....

And this, my friends, is a typical day in my home...now do you see why I always look so tired?
and that is why I'm dreading having kids in school. I know it's hectic having them here all day but at least I don't have to worry about getting them there, picking them up, and school carnivals!
ReplyDeleteYeah. I miss the days of them being home. That made me tired too but that is why Erika has no schedule. Were always in the car going somewhere!!! That is her bed!!!
ReplyDelete