Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Wouldn't we all LOVE to be THREE again?

On Tuesday and Wednesday nights, the two older kids have youth events with the church.  So it is typically just Erika and I.  Once in a while Lee is here, but usually works late those two nights.

Now that the kids are home all the time, I have tried to do special things with Erika on one of these two nights.

Being Three is so simple.  It just doesn't take much ( or cost much) to impress them.

Here are some things my little one likes to do...or should I say is thrilled to do...

Play play-doh
Blow Bubbles
Take a walk

Tonight after we dropped off the kids and went to the library and then park.

Erika was thrilled with the bag full of books that we would get to read when we got home.

She screamed with joy as I pushed her on the swing...saying, Mommy, make my tummy tickle!!!

Somewhere along the line, we all lose our satisfaction with the simple things.  Where spending time with someone is enough.  Where a gift or money spent isn't expected.  I love how this little girl reminds me of those simple things.  Because just going to the library and park was fun for me too.  I couldn't help but laugh as she screamed on the swing.  I used to love the swings too.

So take a lesson from a three year old...

enjoy the little things
Money doesn't equal happiness
forgive easily
love life
Hug your family and friends
share your snack and toys
take a nap when you need a refreshing
enjoy a good book
take some time to go to the park

Night...I have a little girl waiting to enjoy some books with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.