Monday, November 8, 2010

Moving Out

We are moving out of the apartment...right now.  "And you're blogging?," you say.  Yes, I am.  I am sitting for a moment while there is nothing for me to do at the moment...and I need to rest.  I am exhausted.

Yesterday, we started working on it around 2 and went strong til about 10:30 last night.  This morning we started at about 7.  So yes, I need to sit a minute.

I remember 6 months ago when we moved in...in the rain.  I thought we would get rid of more stuff while we were here.  But we didn't really.  A little.  I am going to try to downsize more during this season.  Why is it so hard to part with things?  How many clothes do we really each need?  I would say Josh and Erika are the best.  They don't have too much, and wear all they have.

So, this apartment has been a blessing.  It has been nice to have our own place, but I am actually looking forward to this next season.  Honestly I have felt a little secluded with the kids being homeschooled and us going to a different church every Sunday...and not really having enough room for company.  My life has become so much less social.  Lee still goes to the office Tues-Fri so sees everyone more.

It is very close.  Our move to Belize.  It is crazy.  Three months til we move.  We are still in Katy, so it doesn't really seem real.  But I am feeling it.  When we have to think about shipping stuff "Can we live without this for three months?"  That is not really that long.  It will fly.  Especially with the holidays in there.  Speaking of holidays, it is so crazy  that for the first time in forever, I will not decorate for Christmas, I will not plan church Christmas events, or help with the Christmas play.  Seriously, I used to go crazy during November and December.  My life is so different.  Not that moving isnt crazy, just different.

Well, I guess I need to go clean something, or pack something, or maybe take a nap.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.