Four years ago today, someone very special was born...
and the world is better for it.
Four years ago today, I was praying for you...
even though I did not know you.
Four years ago today, you were a miracle in so many ways...
even those around you must have felt it.
Four years ago today, a prayer was beginning to be answered...
but we did not know it yet.
Four years ago today, a beautiful girl, with a headfull of dark brown hair, and beautiful tan skin, and intriquing hazel eyes, entered this world.
God already had a plan for this precious girl.
God already had put her in the heart of a momma...and the rest of her family.
Four years ago today, I did not know you yet. I wish I had been there. But we can't go back. And besides, God took care of you better than I could have. He put you in a home of people who cared for you and loved you until I could get to you.
My sweet Erika. It is a joy to celebrate your birth today. I am soooo glad you were born. I am so glad that every day you make me smile laugh. You challenge me in ways I never could have known, but you are worth it. You are smarter than any girl I know. God gave you an amazing brain. Always use it. It will get you far. You are a fighter. That is why you are here. You fought for life...and you won. You are beautiful. People everywhere notice. I thank your birthparents for that. And that they chose life for you, even though they couldn't keep you. God, please bless them for that.
I am thankful, Erika, that you fulfill my dream of three children. Not just the number, but the chaos, and closeness, and busyness that goes with that. I don't mind the extra laundry, or extra scoop of rice, or one more person to buy gifts for...I love those things. I love what you add to this family. I love that your sister prayed just as much for us to get you as I did. I love that you stole your big brother's heart the first time he met you. I love that you are my constant company, even when the big kids are gone. I love the way your daddy is so proud of you, that he wants everyone to also see how special you are.
Erika, I pray that this fourth birthday is so special for you. You were born at a busy time of year, but I never want it to be too busy for you to be celebrated.
And let me end with one last story...
A couple of weeks ago, I had a conversation with this girl...
Me: Erika, do you know why we celebrate Christmas?
Erika: Well, we like to see the lights, open presents, be with our family.
Me: Erika, all those things are nice, but do you know the meaning, why we do those things? What special baby was born at Christmas?
Erika: Oh, I know....ME:)
And of course, I explained we don't celebrate it for her, even though she is so special, but for Jesus.
Happy 4th Birthday, Princess Erika






No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.