A Beautiful Field Trip with my Parents and Girls
So, apparently Erika and Tori did not want to open their eyes in any of these photos:)
Last week, the girls and I went with my parents to tour Brookwood, a community not far from here that is home to adults with special needs. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful campus. I really enjoyed it. And we each got a souvenier ornament, personalized with the year and our names. It was so neat to see them working, living, enjoying life and they had the most amazing swimming pool. I think my girls wanted to jump in. Look at all the poinsettas they grow. And how tall the one by Erika is.
We are in our final days here in Katy. Just one week left. It is really too hard for me to put my mind around. The next week is very busy. Jampacked with good-byes, Christmas programs and parties, birthday stuff for my four year old. And then packing to move to Lee's parents' house. We knew this day would come. But it is still hard to take in. We will actually be back to Katy for several things like doctors appts, church itineraries, more last visits...but I don't know if we will ever live here again. Okay, now I am about to cry:(
I am ready for Belize. I am ready to settle into my own home. I am ready to figure out the details of living there. To get into a schedule. To begin making relationships with the people there. But until then, I am soaking up every last ounce of my life here. Every second with my friends. Those times are bittersweet. I see it in their eyes...the way they look at me. Every moment with them is tinged with sadness that we are leaving. Moving is really hard. I didn't want to do this again. But I don't want my emotions to stop me from what God wants. His ways are always better. And right now, I just have to hold on to that.
So, from here til next Saturday, we are pretty busy. Busy with good things. We just wrote our Christmas letter...so soon, we will send those off. I have pretty much finished my shopping. Now just to savor....just to be. Just to enjoy the amazing people God has in my life.
Night.
I can't believe it's the final week of y'all living in Katy. It is so sad to think about, but amazing to envision what God has in store for you in Belize! I love you and hope you have an amazing last week here!! -Kristy
ReplyDelete