Friday, December 10, 2010

Today

Today is my last kind of free day for a while.  The next days after this are filled with many different things.  So, I kind of feel pressure to get some things done.  But there really is not anything...well, that I actually feel like doing.  Why do I do that?  Not resource my time better.  I am either crazy with busyness...or doing nothing.  There is no in between.

I wanted to share about Starbucks yesterday.  I was blessed to get some gift cards, so am rationing them out.  I have one more coffee left:)  So, yesterday I needed to take Faith, my youth pastor's daughter with us to preschool...and had an 8:45 parent/teacher conference for Erika.  The house was kind of LOUD that morning...so I drug myself out of bed and showered and got ready early (while my familia snoozed away).  By the time Courtney dropped off Faith, I was pretty much ready.  I did my last revisions for my Walmart list (I needed food majorly to prepare some dinners for both our families).  Well, we were in the car and buckled by about 8:25...way too early to head to preschool.  I, and the rest of Katy, decided this cold morning was a good time to run through the drive thru and get some peppermint mocha:)  As I drove around the building, I saw our new pastor...yes, he definitely likes his Bux...and thought "Maybe I should go in" when I saw the line.  But then I would have to take two hyper girlies in with me...and that would not be fun.  So we waited in the very long line.  As I was sitting there, I thought, wow, many of these people come every single day.  They sit in their gas guzzling suburbans and pay way too much for a cup of Joe.  For me, it is an occassional treat.  Sure, I love the stuff...I think they put addicting things in it, so we will come back.  But I know there are better ways for me to spend my money.  So I feel a little guilty.  But anyway.  It just made me a little sad, thinking about Belize, the way that we, as Americans, throw our money away.  When sometimes there are families that can't even feed their kids.

Well, I headed to the conference, and was late, because of the long drive-thru...and my not wanting to get out the line.  But the conference was great.  Erika is very bright and will definitely be prepared for Kindergarten next year.  I will be sad that the preschool years are over.  But it will be good for her to have her own homework when the kids are doing theirs.

The Coffee kept me going all day yesterday.  I went and grocery shopped, made lunch, prepared dinner prep, vaccuumed most of this way too big house, cleaned the bathrooms upstairs (that are larger than most), did laundry, and made a huge dinner for both of our families.  I was tired last night though.  But unfortunately woke up  early.  I am making tacos for both of our families tonight. 

Josh is heading to the youth leaders retreat.  I am glad he gets to go.  Something fun for him before we leave.  Next Wednesday, we will have a special dinner with the staff before we leave...oh, so sad.

Well, we must work on school today.  The kids are doing great.  They are right on track.  Soon, it will be halfway through the year, and we will mail in half of their tests.  Accomplishment is a good thing.  I really like this system of finishing a pace and throwing it away.  I keep Josh's score keys for Tori, but I really like throwing stuff away....downsizing.  It is like I'm addicted to it now!!!  JK.

Have a great day, whatever you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.