Once again, I feel like we are in a season of waiting. Kind of rush, rush, rush, that it has been. Now, we are just kind of waiting for the next step...finally settling.
Tomorrow, our shipment comes in. I am so excited. I am more excited that we actually have somewhere to put our stuff when it gets here. That was a worry 9 days ago. But God took care of those details...He is real good to us. Let us never forget how He has helped us during all of this...
We have been working on just learning to live here in Belmopan. The details are working out. Today, we were introduced to the dairy driver, which means we will get some good discounts on things we buy every week. That is a blessing. And we went and visited a friend that has really taken us under her wing, like a mother. She will be teaching Tori and I how to make homemade bread once we get settled.
My days are spent doing laundry often, as we have very few towels and I don't want to buy more since we have some coming. And sweeping and wiping furniture every day. It is very dusty and we have to keep the windows open, which means it is always dirty. I am hoping this means I will have some very strong muscles. And going to market...getting up early to do so. But I was just talking to Lee today about how much our groceries have changed...probably only 10 percent of our food is processed, because that is the expensive stuff. Everything else is fresh from the local farms. If its not produced locally, it is more expensive. We are buying fresh bread with no preservatives. Fresh fruits and veggies. Dairy products from the Mennonite farms nearby. It is actually pretty cool...and so healthy. And the kids are doing great adjusting to the healthy way of life. Not to say, that Josh didn't just jump up and down when a friend just dropped by some homemade cinammon rolls. That is something else. I can't believe how wonderful people have been, inviting us to eat, making food and dropping it by. It is quite a cultural difference.
We have also been getting serious about school. We spent the last few days really catching up. Josh is literally almost out of paces...he tested out of several of them today. So we really need the shipment so he can move on. It has been good to try to get some sort of schedule though. It is time for Erika to have her things back. She is so bored. We take her on the trampoline, have lots of movies, and coloring. But she just needs all her toys. It will be like Christmas when we move in.
We are so ready to be in our new home and to unpack. So ready. It is so close...yet, so far. Two more weeks. I guess the Lord is totally trying to teach us patience...
Well, Tori needs help on a project...so I must post this.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.