Wow, what a day it has been so far.
Woke up and went to get some routine bloodwork done and stopped by the feed store, so we can leave plenty of food for our animals while we are in the states.
Came home and one of the Mayan families brought us a huge lunch. Baked Chicken, a huge pot of rice and beans and a pineapple upside down cake. What a delicious blessing. They constantly are giving to us.
Meanwhile, Lee was welcoming our newest team in from North Carolina.
I snapped a quick picture of Delores and her daughter, and as they were leaving, two people parked across the street and started taking pictures of our house. At first, I was like, what are they doing? But then, she came and introduced herself. She had spoken to Lee on the phone about bringing Beth Moore Bible studies to the local church here. So, I hugged Delores again and welcomed in our next visitor.
The couple stayed and visited, asked about LifeNet, for a while. Then I heard Lee coming in. But he was in a crazy hurry and had one guy from the team with him. I introduced everyone, but Lee was just picking up something and leaving. Then everybody left and I was supposed to take the kids to go meet with the team at Morencos. They had already eaten, but we were just going to meet the team. I made myself a quick bowl of beans and rice and checked my facebook.
One of my friends, had a sick baby, and two older kids and needed someone to PLEASE bring them some food. Noone had responded and although I was busy, I felt I was the one. I am not telling this to glorify myself...just to say we should never be "too busy" to help someone. So, I loaded the kids and we stopped and picked up some easy to prepare food and dropped it off. I prayed over the baby and mom. Because that is the important stuff in life...and we were blessed...so we can bless others.
We met the team, enjoyed some cold juice, and headed back home. The lady's facebook status said she was thankful for the angel who brought her food and prayed for her baby. I did not solve her problems. She already knows and loves Jesus. But I was Jesus' hands to her. He clearly told me to answer her call for help.
I say all this to say...Don't get too busy with your agenda...boxing God in. Be open and willing. There is always a lot you can do, but sometimes it is the littlest things that He really needs us to do most:)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.