I remember an eve eighteen months ago. We went to sleep at my in-laws house, bags packed, ready to set out on an adventure of a lifetime. So many unknowns...our suitcases bulging with new clothes, snacks for those first days. We ended up having to buy two extra suitcases to get it all here.
Now, I am once again on an eve of an exciting adventure. So many thoughts race through my mind. I have not left Belize for eighteen months. That is a long time. I have not gotten on an airplane...although I have been to and from the airport a million times, taking or picking up others. I have not had a Starbucks or a Chickfila Sandwich in eighteen months. Well, lets get real...I have not been to Walmart or Target in eighteen months...once a biweekly trip.
Tonight, we will go to bed, suitcases packed and weighed (they will be fine...they are half empty). I will probably have trouble getting to sleep, wondering if I packed this or that...but its different. If I forgot something, I can just get it there. So different than when we came here. If we forgot something, we may not be able to get another.
The past few days have been full of getting all the last minute things done...the lawn done, the house cleaned, just a few groceries bought, clothes washed, sheets changed. Not to mention all the details to keep LifeNet running smoothly. So many things on Lee's plate that I cannot even help with...like filling the vans with gas before we go.
In a little while, I will have lunch with one of my friends in the church. So awesome that as we leave, we are reminded of why we are here.
Please pray for us, that there are no complications in the morning, as we head out bright and early. That it will be an enjoyable, fun trip for our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.