Monday, July 23, 2012

Reverse Culture Shock

Okay, I have a million blogs in my head...but thought, while fresh, I would share my biggest reverse culture shock issues going from third world to first world...

1. Cars drive fast, roads are smooth, and stoplights are sooooo long.
2.  When you go out to eat, the food comes so fast...its crazy.
3. Shopping in AC and trying on clothes in AC is really NICE.
4. There is so much food.  Pantrys are full, potblesses are overflowing, restaurant portions are huge and there are free refills on your coke.  Gotta watch it...it is just so different...
5.  There is a lot of waste in America....could write a blog just on this subject.  Lots of waste.
6.  Back to AC...so funny what we once considered just obvious and a given, I now so appreciate.  Wish I could store it up and take it back...loving the AC, but actually have gotten a little chilled a few times.
7.  Forgot what it is like to be surrounded by family and such a big church that loves us so much.  
8.It takes FOREVER to get anywhere.  We have driven more in the last few days than I think I have driven in a month in Belmopan.  It is weird, but nice in the rental the church got us.:)
9. Americans are blessed...as much as we complain about things...this is a pretty nice place to live.
10.There are COPS everywhere...and people follow the street laws...

Okay, off to a busy day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.