Thursday, August 16, 2012

Refreshed

I have a million things to be catching up on, but thought I'd stop in for a moment.

In the weeks, well maybe a few months, before heading to the states, I was just feeling that I just needed a break.  To go home to the states and get recharged, refreshed, loved on by our family and friends.  And honestly, that is how I feel.  I feel like my batteries are recharged and I'm ready to get busy.

Coming back, the first day was a little rough, adjusting back and dealing with some issues, but after two very good nights of sleep in my own bed, with my fans blowing on me...I feel refreshed.

Right before we left, we finally got a new car.  I have driven the other, very old car the first 18 months, and feel especially blessed to now be driving a 9 yr old SUV.  Erika doesn't even want to get out...she just loves riding.  And I love driving it.  I feel very blessed to now have a car with auto-locks, that is up high, and beautiful.  And it will be a blessing on Sunday, with the huge trunk to haul the sound equip back and forth.

I was very spoiled and did not cook once while in the states.  Either someone cooked for me or we ate out.  I was not looking forward to getting back in the kitchen, but now that I am home, I really am enjoying restocking my fridge, and feeding my family again.  It is a blessing that we can afford to go buy groceries and a privelege that I have a beautiful family to feed.  Oh, and the pickles I made before the trip?  AMAZING....we have already eaten one jar.  I am so going to do that again:)

Yesterday was full of me getting ready for us to start school on Monday.  Erika's first twelve weeks will be intense as I teach her to read.  But, even with that, I was doing some worksheets with her this morning and was shocked how much she can already read.  She is anxious to start...but I need a couple more days:)

It is a blessing that the weather is on and off rain and so it is cooler...I think 86, right now.  And the nights are great.  We actually pull up a blanket during the night.  I was worried about the no AC thing, but feel we are adjusting fine.  Of course, it is not real hot right now:)

My office is full of donations to our children's church...what a blessing and I cannot wait to incorporate all of it soon.  Yesterday, Lee and Tori took suitcases from our last missions team and bags and bags of outgrown clothing to Maya Mopan.  I am glad that as we are blessed, we can bless them as well.

Tonight, we will have our first Thursday night group here in weeks.  I am wondering if it will be big or not?  Lots of kids out of town I am sure...but anxious to see who comes.  Have missed that part of our life.

Well, just wanted to touch  base.  We are glad to be back.  Lee is incredibly busy...so many things to do...but happy that we get this oppurtunity.

the beginning of our very long journey home...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.