Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Friend Day

Sunday was Friend Day.  We put so much preparation into it and it was exciting as people began coming in and bringing their friends.  Everyone was introducing their special friends.  It was neat to see LifeNet fulfilling the vision of reaching out into the community.  Once everyone was there, we had 199 people.  We had moved the children downstairs from the beginning of service and that was a good decision, because that got 45 people out of the room (40 kids and 5 teachers).  I heard there was standing room only upstairs.  We were pretty squished downstairs as well.  It was another confirmation that it is time for us to move to the UB Auditorium.  Please pray for us as we make this transition.








With the children, we watched a movie with the projector...so that was cool.  We also did a craft ( a whistle...whose idea was that???), worship, fun songs, and their scripture memory for the month.  I was blown away at how well the kids knew the verse.  The children's church team is doing an amazing job of ministering to the children we get each week.  We watched the Prince of Egypt, so I was explaining how God had saved Moses' life and that God had a special plan for his life...that there were probably children in the room that the Lord has a special plan for too...I got choked up and almost started crying.  It was so embarrassing, but I do feel if God can get a hold of these kids while they are young, He can save them from so much.  They can break generational curses in their families...




Also, the families back in Maya Mopan have been busy beginning to build their own homes.  We have a large team coming in November to help finish, but we love how they are taking initiative and getting busy themselves.  They are proudly working hard...and we are proud of them.



We have a large amount of people coming from Maya Mopan each week...and it keeps growing.  They are getting their friends and relatives to come.  I do not know how many trips Barry is taking back and forth...  It will definitely be one of the first church plants that LifeNet does.  The people are so hungry, so faithful, and we see them growing.  We appreciate all that Barry and Laura do as well, ministering through the NetGroup that meets on Thursday nights.  Please pray as they are raising up leaders that soon a Mayan family can lead the NetGroup.

We are keeping busy...sometimes I cannot believe all that goes on in just one day.  I am thankful for it to be October and await the temperatures dropping some more.  Nights are nice, but days are still pretty warm.

We have also been touched by crime in our small church body.  A lady who recently began attending LifeNet, was broken into Sunday night, her husband violently murdered, and she jumped from a second story window to escape the attacker.  Please pray for her recovery as she will need surgery to repair her broken bones, and her emotional healing as well.  We have an opportunity as a church family to really reach out and minister to her.  But please pray also for our city.  Belmopan crime is increasing tremendously right now.  Much of it involves alcohol, but not always.  Please pray for a revival to happen among the people and that we can begin to see change in our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.