Thursday, October 18, 2012

Its Been a good Day:)


This morning, we made our way through school pretty easily.  Less interruptions than yesterday definitely helped.  I got a chicken going for dinner, made lunch and cleaned up and then we got to watch these cuties while their mom and dad went out for a much deserved kid-free lunch to celebrate their anniversary:)  Erika and Tori are both such great babysitters.  And their mom rewarded us with the yummiest Mocha Brownies...yeah, we like chocolate and coffee!





Tomorrow is the end of the first quarter (9 weeks).  It is a relief.  We are right on task.  The kids are doing great this year in school.  I love watching them learn.  I love watching them “get it” when they have struggled.  I love watching the joy of learning in action.  I gave them each a pack of gum for doing a great job and Erika was thrilled and said, ”This time I won’t eat it all at once…I will make it last.”  We’ll see.

I have this amazing sister and brother in law….They are completely supportive in all ways of our family here in Belize:)  They are some of our biggest cheerleaders.
About a month ago, we began to talk about what Tori wanted to do for her 14th bday.  The ONE thing she really wanted to do was to tie dye with her friends and have a sleepover.  The problem was, we couldn’t find the stuff to do tie dye anywhere.  Of course, I have never done it before, but was not able to find the things that I would google.    So, I sent an email to my sister in law, the crafty one:)  And she rescued me.
Today, we received a HUGE box full of goodies for everyone.  Snacks, sunblock facesticks (because we lost ours when we visited the states), gifts for both girls’ upcoming birthdays and a TIE DYE kit.  And of course, she went over and beyond and got cute little bags and fabric markers for the girls to decorate too.
Lets just say its been a great day at our house:)






We feel so blessed and so grateful.  Many things are not included in pics on here...some because they are gifts!!!  But we are so thankful and now really looking forward to a super fun birthday party for Tori!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.