Yesterday, something very powerful in the Spiritual Realm happened. LifeNet broke ground and claimed stake in Belmopan, Belize, for Jesus. It is all for Jesus. It the reason we take our next breath...to bring glory to Him. It is the reason that 220 people gathered under a tent, ankle deep in mud, in horrible rainy weather yesterday. To claim stake of some property that will be a lighthouse to the darkness all around.
There are 20,000 people, just in Belmopan, not the outlying little villages. Only 5,000 of those people claim to be churched. The harvest field is wide open. And LifeNet now begins the process of building our own building, to be a lighthouse to the community, to the nation.
So much planning went into yesterday. Tent rental, chair and table rental, food, bbqs, workers. So much work. And then Sunday morning at 2 am, it began to rain. We did not need it to rain. I woke up praying, asking God to please just let it pass. And it did, but it came back before six and rained steady until church began at 10:30. I just spoke to my parents and found out their church was praying at 10:30. God is great like that:)
We had several photographers to capture the event. We had one man who is a politician come. Two families from the states, that have been supportive to LifeNet...and lots of amazing people from LifeNet. We had 220 people. I am confident we would have had near 300 had the rain not come...
The rain absolutely affected our attendance. At one point, I was not sure I really wanted to go either:/ When I pulled up and saw all the MUD...I was like, um, no. But, as I got out and began to see all the people of LifeNet who had gotten there before me, setting up, grilling, etc, my heart was so overwhelmed with love for this body we pastor. Yesterday was all about the groundbreaking of the new property, but it felt a lot like Pastor's Appreciation. As our National Leader, Pastor Caleb shared, as our Council shared...all thanking our family for what we have done these past three years. It is hard to believe three years ago (and a week), we held "church" in our hotel room...as a family...praying for how God would use us here in Belmopan, where we only knew one couple. But God's plans are big. He wants us to step out into what He calls us to. And He uses us to get what needs to get done.
You can see more pics on Facebook...but here are some favorites that catch our special day...
 |
| Smart to wear boots...a few of the kids were wearing them too...I wish I had thought that for Erika:) |
 |
| Yummy Shish Ka Bobs grilling. The ladies in Maya Mopan made flour tortillas, that we wrapped around and wrapped in foil...perfect, easy to pass out, amazingly delicious meal!!! |
 |
Everyone enjoyed our very lively worship, with a Carribbean Flair...
Yesterday was just FUN!!! |
 |
| Pastor Caleb Ortega, our National Leader, shared... |
 |
| The Church Council each shared... |
 |
| Telling the story of our family being called to Belize. |
 |
| Anointing and praying over the land (corner of the new building) with oil... |
 |
| Enjoying the yummy meal after service...everyone loved them!!! |
 |
| And for those who have not seen yet, this is what we project the future building to look like. Hopefully a modern looking all purpose facility, with a preschool, and able to be used for community and government events. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.