Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Time Away...short, but sweet


Sometimes you just need to get away.  Homeschooling, being a Pastor (and wife), being a parent...it just never seems to shut off.  There are always demands, always one more thing you need to do.  Your marriage can get lost in the "to do" lists.

Back in the summer, when our friends, Tom and Francine, came, we were blessed to get away for a night.  And it was glorious.  But life has just been busy.  And being the helicopter mom that I am, it is hard for me to leave my kids alone.

But I knew we needed a get away.  Just the two of us.  But I didn't even say it.  Lee just mentioned a couple weeks ago, that he had set aside a day for us to go...where would I like to go.  I wanted to stay in Belmopan...just in case.  But the selection is limited...for a couple getaway type thing.  Long story, but we ended up contacting the owners of a beautiful place where we often do baptisms.  And they blessed us with a complimentary night.  And it was a blessing.  You see, it is on the edge of town, but as you drive back, it truly feels like you are getting away.



We were there for less than twenty-four hours, with a few check ins with the kids via facebook chat...  But it was incredibly refreshing and relaxing.  And just what we needed.

I am so thankful for how God blesses us when we need it most.

But, then, you know, it was back to real life when we got home:)  Parents, make sure you get those times away with just your spouse...even if it local...it will do wonders...just to get away from everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.