I never thought I'd want a barbed wire fence. I mean, its ugly, uninviting, scary. But, today the team will install an ugly, hopefully scary deterrent to would be "fence-jumpers." I mean, they even left the bench from the neighbors yard, right up against our fence, leaving evidence of how exactly they got in.
Living in a country where unemployment is extremely high, leads to a lot of desperation. I have known people to do things...out of means of survival. We want to be a church, a family that helps. But we don't want to be taken from. We don't want to feel that if we leave the house, we are being watched so that someone can jump our fence and steal from us. And it is not the stuff they stole, rather our sense of security.
I truly believe I am not walking in a sense of fear. Just caution.
So, today, we build a barbed wire fence on the back of our property. If someone comes in, it will be by because they were invited in...not by jumping over...
He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
Psalm 91:4-6
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.