This weekend has been really amazing. We have a team here and have been busy. There are 30 people..and that is just a huge team for us. And some are here to do Child Evangelism, others are building...so they are in different places each day.
We did our fourth Life Advance this weekend. I have never taught at the Life Advance. I have never really stood in front to do anything of that sort...all by myself...before. Lee was desperate and needed a teacher and asked me. And then went and got the folder so I could study:)
So, I found myself with two days to prepare to teach on Strongholds and Curses. The material I actually really knew...I have been to about 20 Life Advances in the past 12 years. But as I prepared, I also began to see that I still really struggle with fear. Fear of rejection or saying something wrong. Fear of losing it in front of a room of people. And so Saturday was actually a healing for me. A true breakthrough. Those who really know me how far out of my comfort zone it was. But Lee said he was teary eyed as he saw me speak with confidence and strength. Strength that truly only could come from the Lord. Because I, myself, am weak.
Living on the Mission Field has pushed me out of my comfort zone a hundred times over. I have this greater confidence when I minister than I ever did before. I speak to the girls at the children's home and have led several groups through the Life Manual. All things that are new and fresh here in Belize.
The other thing is that I find myself in this place of Belize really becoming more and more like home to me. Don't get me wrong. I so much miss my family and friends in the states. I miss so many things about living in the states. I miss that my boy will be going to the states for college and I will be far away. But I also find that I am so comfortable in Belize now. I know so many people when I go anywhere. I remember when we first came here three years ago, we didn't know anyone...
Also, I am so in love with our church body. The Life Advance is a time where I get to see people we have poured and poured into, come to a place of greater freedom than they have ever known before. As we were in worship this morning...powerful worship, I thought, "Wow, this is just fun..." The past fall was so rough on us...we were under such attack. But now, we are walking in the fruit and the joy...
Sunday morning there was such incredible ministry. The place was busting full. Tori and several others had to stand through the entire service because there were no seats left...even when all the children left for children's church. We saw 12 people give their hearts to Christ...many of those we know and are excited they are finally making the decision. It is just exciting.
One other thing that Lee said that was very powerful to me...I spoke with confidence on Saturday to my spiritual children. It wasn't just a room of people I was talking to, rather my kids, that I want to see set free from strongholds in their lives. So I spoke with confidence, almost as if I was just talking to them one on one. It was just a super cool weekend.
Sunday morning there was such incredible ministry. The place was busting full. Tori and several others had to stand through the entire service because there were no seats left...even when all the children left for children's church. We saw 12 people give their hearts to Christ...many of those we know and are excited they are finally making the decision. It is just exciting.
One other thing that Lee said that was very powerful to me...I spoke with confidence on Saturday to my spiritual children. It wasn't just a room of people I was talking to, rather my kids, that I want to see set free from strongholds in their lives. So I spoke with confidence, almost as if I was just talking to them one on one. It was just a super cool weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.