Friday, July 16, 2010

Grandma Blakeley




Last night, as I was getting ready to leave, my mom called. Grandma Blakeley has been in the hospital and has congestive heart failure and is not expected to live very much longer(a few months).

I am so heartbroken. I love my Grandma more than I can explain. I know she has lived a long life, but I guess I just always expected her to be here...
I am so thankful that we just saw Grandma in June. God gave that trip to me. I only got one day with her, but that was awesome. She was able to meet all 3 of my children and they got to spend time with her. The last time I had seen her was 11 years ago when Tori was a baby, then 9/11 happened and she would never get on a plane again.
I am full of emotions this morning. My mom is about to take off to spend time with Grandma...5 weeks and then maybe more later. I am preparing to go on a missions trip to Belize, our future home. I am cleaning, and packing and a million other things.
I am thankful that I have had a wonderful Grandma...she is the only one I had, my other grandma died 18 days before I was born. I have also been so blessed to have be loved by my husbands grandmother. They have so much to offer. They know what the important things in life are. They have so much real experience. They already raised a family, and knew how to be good wives.
I pray that my mom and her have some special times over the next few weeks.
And I pray that I have an awesome time next week...and that Erika enjoys being with her grandparents...so she can have good memories like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.