This has been a great summer...
to swing and discuss world matters with our older cousin,
eat homemade ice cream (by your amazing Aunt Jodie),
To swim and then climb on rocks with your cousin that you have grown up with,
To ride in a canoe with your favorite Daddy in a very peaceful lake, only disrupted by an alligator or two...but you're not scared...you are with Daddy...
We have been so incredibly blessed to get time with our family and friends this very special summer before we go on the mission field.
We were able to spend some time with special friends today for breakfast. Just sharing our lives with each other...our walks with the Lord. This year has been such a new and at times, scary, journey for me. But I must say two things: I know that we are in the very center of God's will, and I am closer to Him than in so long. We are on an amazing faith walk where we have to trust Him...trust that we have heard His voice and trust Him to speak to others to partner in what He has called us to...and we are seeing it happen.
I am at a place where I depend on Him more. I have to. I need His strength, His peace, His presence. It is the air I breathe. If I don't have Him, I cannot do this in my own strength. I cannot move away from all that I know and love. But if He has called us to Belize, and He has, I know He has something so special for us there. And we may be that something special for someone there...or will be able to be the ones to introduce the Belizeans who do not know to SOMEONE very Special...that He would move us to Belize to tell them about Him.....
I am starting to get excited about our new life there. It will be soooooo different and only those who have been there can understand. There are not paved roads, people walk everywhere. There is no WALMART...how will I ever survive? My heart aches to reach the children of Belize. They are young and have so much life ahead of them. I am anxious to go to the orphanages. I cannot take the kids with me, but I can love on them, and spend time with them, and my own children can learn compassion. Although, my children do have compassion...I believe it will grow as they live amoung others who sometimes do not have basic needs met. We won't be able to solve their every need. But we will be able to introduce them to someone who is always there.
We are living in such a TRANSITIONAL time... a time of holding, waiting for the next step, just a temporary time. There are things that need to be done in the next few months, but at this moment, I am ready...I am ready to go. I am ready for what is to come.
And until that time, we will soak up every bit of time with family and friends we have and just enjoy and love the people that God has put into our lives.
Tomorrow we head to the waterpark with friends...
Belize in 10 days....

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.