Hello. Its been a while. Life has been sooo incredibly busy. Honestly, I really have a million things to do, but wanted to take a few moments to catch up on our trip to Belize.
First of all, I want to give Glory to God. He has done a miracle in me. Every trip I have ever taken out of the country has been very difficult for me. I could never imagine living in a place that is hot and humid, like Belize, without air conditioning. But God is so amazing. As I stepped off the plane when we arrived in Belize, I was hot, but could bear it. I looked at every person I passed as I walked on the tarmac into the airport. I saw each person as a soul that Jesus died for. It was so cool. Even Lee noticed the change in me as we had the long wait for our vans in the hot sun, long bumpy ride to the hotel and unloaded in the pouring down rain to go into a hot room. The sum total of all these things would have brought me to tears...in the past. But this time, I was different. I saw how blessed we were to have a room to stay in, that once the air conditioner was turned on, we could feel better. Even as the days went on, I just sweated...a lot...and I was okay. God is amazing in that way. He gives us grace.
This first picture is of a little girl, that was just especially cute and sweet. I had the oppurtunity to pray over her on our last day of VBS. I don't know a whole lot about her life. She seemed to be a girl that is loved and taken care of. She always came dressed cute and her hair done. That is one thing I love about the Belizean people. They have pride. They may not have a lot of money, but they keep their homes and kids clean. They love their children, but many of them have to work, so the kids are alone all day. In America, we would see that as wrong, but in Belize, it is survival. They are working hard so they can feed their kids.
Moving on, this is in the airport the morning we left to Belize. The girl on the far left is Sierra. She will also be moving to Belize the summer after we do. It was her first trip to this country. I am so excited that she will be there with us. And so are our kids. The girl in the middle by Tori may eventually join us as well. I hope:) She is going to Bible college in a couple of weeks. I am so proud of all of these girls, including my own, and the way they served the people of Belize with no complaining.
And this is my sweet Victoria, encouraging her team at VBS. They were the Green Geckos.

Josh, on our way to Belmopan. It was too squishy, so we stuck him in the trunk...and he thought that was super fun!

My Favorite: This is Tori's best friend in Belize. Every time we go, we see her. The day we went to the park, there was Shemira, just sitting there quietly waiting for us. These girls met when they were 5 and 6. Now they are 11 and 12...Tori has passed her up in height:) It is amazing how God has given them a bond all these years.

There are so many things to tell about our trip to Belize. I now feel that it is my home. I can't wait to go. I love the people. I love the simplicity of life, so unlike our lives in America. I love that God is preparing all the details for us. We even think we found a home...if they will hold it for us. It seems just perfect. I will post pictures if we get it. There was a Christian family that spent their day showing us around. That day, God physically showed me that He will take care of us in Belize.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.