Today
Two Years ago...

Today...
Two Years ago....
Lee is beginning his travels to visit churches. He had wanted us to join him to San Antonio, but I decided it would be easier to just stay home with the kids ...and dog.
And I just had a great day with the kids on Tuesday, and Wednesday, we watched a friend's little girl, while her son had day surgery.
So after lunch on Wednesday, Lee called, and said 'You've got to come. I am staying in a beautiful hotel, about the same size as our apartment...and you can bring the dog.'
I went back and forth, not knowing what I should do. I would have to drive somewhere unfamiliar, and it would be going into the evening. And I don't really like driving through big cities...and so many other reasons we shouldn't go went through my head. But the kids were convinced and really wanted to go. And Lee really wanted us to come...So, we quickly packed, got a map off the internet and began our journey. Erika had not napped yet, so it was quiet for a little while.
The trip was pretty uneventful, we followed our map, and I was proud of myself being so brave:)
We unloaded and swam in the pool and waited for Lee to get back.
This morning, we slept in, and then quickly got ready as to make it for the yummy breakfast. It was awesome. Then Josh began to ask if we could go the Animal Safari that you drive through. Lee said he needed to get back home so he could work and could take the dog, but sure, he wouldn't mind me taking the kids. I went and got coupons and printed them out and we packed up and headed for our adventure.
Now, here I must insert, that I do not have an IPhone, or GPS, or even a map, other than the one from the safari place. I know the major freeway that we need to get home, but that is it.
We made it very easily to the ranch and had a fabulous time. We went two summer ago so I know Erika will remember it better this time. We had a few animals stick their heads in our window and a couple of screaming girls. When we went to pet the goats, one of the goats grabed the bag full of food right out of Erika's hand.
Then we decided it was time to get on the road back home...and thus, the adventure began. My map was just the one from the safari ranch, remember. So we headed on our way and ended up on a dead end...construction. But there was a sign about a detour...it was a long detour. Then we reached another dead end with an arrow pointing to where we just came from...So I did not know what to do...Josh and I went back to our map. There was a longer, more complicated way home...so we decided to try it. It seems like we drove forever before making it back to our major highway, but we did it. I was so excited...
Then, we began to realize our air conditioner was not cooling. The further we went, the less it cooled. Finally, when we were about 45 minutes from home, it was pretty unbearable, so we called Lee.
We finally arrived home, sweaty and tired. Lee went out to check the air. Guess what? It was blowing cold and strong. So either God performed a miracle (which I am believing) or not...we will see in the morning.
Now to get settled. Even a two day trip takes it out of me...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.