You know things never really turn out or look quite like you thought they would?
Well, that is a little like how I am feeling about homeschooling my kids. I always thought it would be so cool to homeschool my kids and protect them from that big, bad world of peer pressure. But my kids actually have done pretty well in public school. They have lived for Christ in a world that does not find Christianity cool. They have stood up to kids who were doing the wrong things and lived right in spite of that. I am not saying they were perfect, but I am proud of them.
When I first learned we were moving to Belize, and Lee said, of course, we will homeschool. I was so excited and envisioned quiet mornings of reading together, and me helping them along with their studies. But I didn't think about my littlest, LOUDEST one.
We have had to work on homeschooling all summer and it has been a little different than I thought. I didn't think about the errands that would still need to be ran, the cleaning that would still need to be done, and making three meals a day instead of one. Having the kids home all the time leaves no quiet time for me. No time to shop alone. No time to read a book.
But we are figuring it out slowly. We are learning the ways that we need to homeschool. And thankfully, Erika will go to preschool two days a week in a few weeks.
We are finishing our studies from summer and then will take a little break. September 1st is when we plan to officially start.
And I have to tell you....I have a whole new respect for homeschooling moms.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.