Last week my mom mentioned this cool thing that a neighborhood here puts on each fall...Naturefest. I knew Friday was going to be a busy day so didn't want to commit to a full day on Saturday too. I knew we would all be tired. But I woke up early this morning...and thought, why not. Sounds like fun. I really had no idea how huge this thing was. We got there and there were cars and cars parked along the road. We were not finding a parking spot anywhere close. We knew we would be walking at least a mile to get to the place that we would be doing tons of walking. The kids were thinking this might not be such a good idea. But, just as we were not sure...we found a spot to park...and a shuttle bus...YEAH!!!
This is the map they gave us as we entered. So many things to do...and so very organized.
Erika had a great time riding the pony. And her wonderful big sister walked along side. That is one thing I have really noticed lately. Tori has been especially helpful with Erika...it is such a blessing to me.
Then they had the coolest petting zoo, complete with a pony, llama, and lots of goats. Hey, just noticed, there is a family in our church. Didn't see that they were in the picture until now. So cool though, that they were there too.
And this baby camel, needed a little pet, so he rubbed his nose on the back of Lee's head to get his attention. So funny.
Now onto lots of pictures of armadillos. I must say this is the first time I have seen armadillos...not um, rolled up on the side of the road...
Erika was so proud holding this with her papa. She actually held one by herself and apparently they were pretty heavy...I took their word for it, I was there to take the pictures...thank goodness.
We had a great day at Naturefest. It was so fun to get to do so many fun things at no cost. But it was hot. So after a couple of hours, we were spent, and looking for our air conditioned car.
And what would a day out with the family be without my older two trying to get my younger one to eat something weird...yes, they got her to bite the pepper...after all, what are little sisters for?
I totally forgot about that! we went last year and loved it.
ReplyDelete