Sunday, October 10, 2010

"I was made to love You and be loved by You"

I love to worship...sing to the Lord.

I was not blessed with a beautiful voice, but am so thankful that my Father in Heaven is blessed by my worship to Him.

Today we are going to our Home church, Life Church.  I love going for many reasons...for all the reasons that we all love to go home.  It is safe, it is comfortable, my kids and I have long-time friends there...

One of the other reasons I like it is that Lee has left early and I have some time just to worship before church.  (Because it is only 5 minutes from the apartment...and I am not employed anymore so don't have to go early).  Usually we leave early as a family...and Lee doesn't like music in the car....he just likes it quiet.  So today I am enjoying worshipping before church.

So I am listening to my itouch...and Misty Edwards, "Made to Love You" came on.
Love this song.  It is very slow, but the words are amazing and relevant for me right now.
"When everything changes, You remain the same.  When all around the world is shaken, You remain the same."  God is the only constant in my life (and my immediate family) right now.  My job, home, everything changed so quickly.  And it will continue to change several times over the next few months.  Every week, we go to a different church, but God is still with me.  I can worship Him wherever I go.  And He is my comfort and my peace wherever I go.

"And I was made for more than the things that so easily change.  For I was made to love You and be loved by You."  I am so blessed to have a personal God who cares about my dreams, concerns, everything.  I am so blessed to have found this relationship at a young age.  So I didn't have to run to people or substances to feel secure.  Because God has always loved me, and I have loved Him...and tried to please Him...only Him. 

I love Facebook.  Who doesn't?  I have friends from all over.  I have lived so many places over my lifetime.  Each of those friends was a blessing...and still is, but again, my constant has been the Lord.  He is who I cried out to when I was a little girl and still cry out to today.  I saw pictures of the church I grew up in recently...a friend had gone to a wedding there and posted pictures.  It seemed so big when I was a child, so reverent.  But it was just a building (and much smaller than I remember).  But there was so much spiritual training done in my heart there.  It is where I learned the books of the Bible, and all the Bible stories, where I learned that perfect attendance at church is a good thing.  Yes, going to church doesn't make you a Christian or make you perfect, but you should be there.  You should go to church on Sunday morning instead of the mall.  You should make that commitment to put Him first.  Sure, things happen.  But if you are committed, it is harder to let things keep you from assembling with other believers.  I am so thankful that my parents took me to church every week, that they sent me to church camp every year, and that they sacrificed greatly to put me in a Christian school for 4 years.  You see, the Word was poured into me all my life....so when I was old I did not depart from it.  Because as the Word was poured into me, a relationship with someone very special happened.  I got to know Jesus personally.

Okay, sorry for preaching.  But go to church, not to be religious, but to honor the ONE who deserves it all.  Who deserves to be First in our life above all else.  And if you don't have that relationship with Him, I would love to let you know how to do that.  It will change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.