Today, we woke up and it was just perfect weather. Nice and cold outside...of course, it warmed up. But a perfect day for the zoo. We do not celebrate Halloween, and it also happened to be Boo at the Zoo today, but it turned out fine. Nothing was pushed on us and yet, we were still able to celebrate my birthday in such a fun way. There were lots of kids dressed up...but only in friendly costumes (that I saw). My kids were able to get candy several times during the day and the girls got to decorate a pumpkin.
My parents joined us as well. I got my love for the zoo from my dad. Several years ago, when Josh was a toddler, we went to the zoo for my birthday. It was just a great day. We were blessed to be able to borrow a friend's wagon for the day...I so, want one now. It was so nice to put all of our stuff, and Erika:) She loved it. And it was nice to be able to bring our own drinks and lunch.
...and crawl through the fish tank....
don't be frightened:)
all the kids loved the petting zoo...
we thought this was really neat....
especially when you consider the sturdiness of this bridge for the ANIMALS here in houston...
and what blog post of a trip to the zoo would be complete without some pics of the animals???
It was a great day and once again, I was so thankful for the beautiful weather. I am exhausted now, but loved it...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.