Thursday, October 21, 2010

Whose report do you believe? I will believe the report of the Lord.

This whole thing with my thyroid really knocked me off my feet.  But as I knew He would, God is stepping in and taking care of me.  Giving me peace.  Sending me words of true comfort from friends.

My friends have slowly gotten the word about me needing prayer.  But I have one friend who does little on the internet and I just felt I needed to go let her know what was going on so she could pray for me.  So after I dropped Erika off at preschool this morning, I stopped by.  She only had a few minutes because she was taking her daughter for a pre-op visit.  I began to tell her about my doctor's call on Tuesday.  I kind of lost it, because she is the first person I have talked to in person in a couple of days.  So, she shared that her father-in-law had had the same surgery last year, then asked who I was going to?  When I told her the doctor's name, that was the same doctor operating on her daughter Tuesday morning.  Another confirmation that we had chose the right doctor.  Then she told her doctor about me at her visit today.

Well, at 11, after much time in prayer and worship this morning, I picked up Lee to go for the ultrasound with me. Everyone was so nice, but we would not get results until Tuesday.  Wow, I thought.  That is such a long time to wait!  But what can we do?  My life is in God's hands anyways. 

Around 1, I was shocked and a little terrified when my doctor's name showed up on my caller ID.  Especially since I knew he was out of town.  The other doctor in the office had gotten my results.  And guess what?  They were not as bad as my doctor had thought...did you read that????  And I may not need surgery!!!!  My God is big and awesome and I love Him.  Even if it had been something else.  God has given me such peace in the midst of this storm.  All my friends have offered to help.  And I know they mean it.

I still need to go to the doctor on Tuesday afternoon.  But am just believing that God is healing me.  My legs were shaking so bad on the table when I was getting the ultrasound...but I am feeling so peaceful and happy now.

Just thought I'd let you know:)

4 comments:

  1. Praise God!! I'm so happy to hear that wonderful news, although Lori had updated me already! I will continue to pray for you Robyn! -Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know! I'm sorry! but the healing is there and given to you already. believe it. hold it. You are amazing and we love you.

    There's a christian blog conference right now. I'm sending a healing pray request out for you if that's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robyn, I'm so happy to see that God's showing you how much in control He is over this situation. You know how much we love you and please let us know what we can do to make things smoother for you. Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you, God loves you more and cares about your healing I believe He is a big God and heals, and so Glad He is ... May His peace come every morning and every night as you walk this part of your journey ... Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.