Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sending out a Prayer Request

Im about to share something really personal...thats what a blog is for, right?

Yesterday was a hard day for me.  Today was harder.

I went for a routine doctor visit...just one more thing on my to- do list before the big move.  I noticed a lump on my neck in May...but kind of thought I was imagining things.  Thought I should mention it though.  No more small talk once I did.  Tests began being ordered and I really was too unsure what to even ask.  I cried when I called Lee once I got to the car.  I knew by the my doctor's face that he was concerned.

Came home and began searching the internet...yep...I have every symptom of hyperthyroidism.  I really had just thought I was a little stressed, no big deal.

Today my doctor called...yes, the doctor.  I knew that couldn't be good.  Then he asked if I was home and should sit down and get a piece of paper.  Not making me feel too great...

Long story, but I have a tumor? on my thyroid?  I am having a sonogram on Thursday and meeting with a surgeon next week.

Why I am telling you?  I want you to agree in prayer with me that my thyroid levels will return to normal...and that the thyroid will dissapear.

Do I believe this can happen?  Yes, because my God is bigger than this spiritual attack.

Because that is what this is....I have been healthy my whole life and then when my husband and I surrender our lives to the Lord to go on the mission field, this happens.

Don't worry, I will keep my appointments.  But I do not have time or the energy for this surgery...so I really need God's healing touch.

Thank you for your prayers...

2 comments:

  1. Robyn I am praying for you! Keep us updated on how all of the appointments go. God is the ultimate healer. I miss you and love you! -Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you Robyn. Hang in there! You're a strong woman and have your priorities right where they need to be. God is GREAT and will take care of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.