Monday, February 7, 2011

God is Alive and Working in Belmopan

Ephesians 3:20 (New King James Version)

20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,


Once again I come to you with a heart spilling over with thankfulness to a personal God who loves this little family so much.  He has better plans than we could ever plan for ourselves.  His ways are so much higher, so much better.  His thoughts towards us are good.  How do I thank a God like this?  I can't, but only to serve Him, spend time with Him, love Him.  I can never outgive, or outserve, or anything.  He just loves us, just because.

Yesterday I did not blog.  Just really spent the day with Jesus.  We had the most precious service in out hotel room.  Just us and Him.  His presence was so strong.  As a family, we just sang and worshipped and invited Him to lead us.  I had a very clear vision of a big daddy walking along the beach.  His feet made very large footprints, and then a little boy, Erika's age, followed along, totally trusting, stepping in each step.  He could not see ahead, just the tracks his father had lovingly made for him, and he just trusted.  And God said that is what you are to do.

We knew of a house, that we walked to several times to try to catch someone there, and it was just not working out.  It was hot and long, but great excercise, I have to believe.  It is hard on Erika's little body, but she is doing good.  She takes great naps and sleeps well at night, that is for sure.  She will be a strong little girl.

In the evening, after a tiring day, we all were lounging around watching the superbowl.  Or everyone except me, I was just listening on my i touch to some worship, when the phone we are borrowing rang.  It was around 8.  Every home the door had closed except one, but our children were not thrilled about it.  In fact, we walked by a gorgeous mansion (not really, but to me it was) for rent...but Lee said it was for a business....he had already called.  oh well.  God will provide.  We will be content with what we found and sign tomorrow and begin buying furnishings...

Back to the phone call...it was my friend, Sarita.  Remember the professors that I started a conversation with at the bank...You know, adorable baby???  Okay, now you know.  The DIVINE Appt beginning...  So, my friend is like, you are not going to believe this...are you ready?  I was like, SURE.  She said, My husband and I were just here praying for your family, that God would provide and we get a knock on the door.  It is a previous student of mine.  He has built a beautiful home two streets from me.  Just two years old.  His wife and he are going back to Tawain and wanted to know if we wanted to rent their house.  We are his friend.  He will give us a deal.  She said we are in the process of building, or I would jump on this.  The home is gorgeous.  You just have to see it. 

So I am very excited.  But you see, when God blesses, He really blesses.  All the way.  Their daughter, a 17 yr old student in a Christian school, wants to stay in Belize.  If we want to take care of her like a daughter, we can stay in the home...just like that.  We care for her, we get a home.  By this point, I am shaking.  I can barely take it in.  Isn't this what God has always done with me?  We have always cared for children besides our own.  It is only natural that it has all been preparation for this as well.

This morning I awoke, a little unsure of what today would hold.  Serita had set up a 10:00 appt for us.  She said this is God.  These people are trusting me and I already trust you.  I know you will care for their daughter like they want.  I was so nervous walking to her home, then theirs.  When we approached, I was shaking again.  This is the amazing mansion I had joked about living in just last night on our way to dinner.  I cannot tell you, but it is beautiful.  Immaculate.  The couple meets us at the door.  I can tell the mother is nervous, as well.  This is huge.  We may be caring for her baby.  While she is across the world.  My mind cannot take in the beauty of the home.  The floors sparkle, fine furnishings, large rooms.  But not too big.  Just perfect.  4 bedrooms, 2 bath.  Lee will convert storage to office.  Beautiful kitchen, living, it goes on and on.  You will just have to come visit me:)

We sit, they are precious.  We talk details.  When the daughter leaves, if we have kept place nice, he will give us a good deal...we discuss that.  The backyard has a fish pond...gorgeous, tons of fruit, avacado trees, everything you can think of...so much freshness.  Beautiful carport with electric gate...unheard of here.  I want to cry as I write this.

We ask what they expect as far as care of their daughter.  They are strict...no spending the night, no boyfriends.  Yes, of course, they want us to take her to church.  What, mother smiles, you are a pastor?  She gushes with joy.  I am emotional just typing this.  We get out pictures and show them.  Over and over, Dad says, just we want you to care for our daughter just like your children.  Feed her, get her off to school.  That is all.  Just protect her and love her.  We have not met her yet, that will come tomorrow, but Serita knows her and and she is a very studious, sweet girl.

I don't know what I am missing, but that is it.  Serita is drawing up a contract with them tonight and then we will meet again tomorrow.

So, details:  they cannot leave for 3 weeks...this hotel is too expensive, so we have to move, pray for cheap, but safe...cheaper means not as safe as where we are
we still desperately need a vehicle, seeing two today, later
we need to store our stuff, maybe even just sell some of it, when it comes
they are selling their furnishings and appliances, and we can buy, but they are high end, so will probably not...maybe just some of it.
they said we can have a dog, but we discussed later, that they may not mean inside...this could be a dealbreaker, our dog could not survive outside here...
that the daughter will be comfortable with us when she meets us.  older daughter may also be here for 3 months more.

God has done so much already, so we know he is in the details too.

I am not including a picture of the home yet, since it is not for sure.  Just trust me...it is beautiful.  And to protect the family's privacy.


Our family shares fruit plate for breakfast...good way to start the day.

Walking and praying over University grounds.

University has restaurant close by...relationship with couple who works here, God has already began.  They have been waiting for us to move here.


Her Royal Cuteness trying to stay cool...the heat is harder for her...poor thing.

7 comments:

  1. I am amazed at God's goodness and the blessings you encourage us with. I pray all the details work out, love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. crying as I read this. can't wait to here more of what God is doing through your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robyn,
    it's so exciting how clear it is that God is at work for you. It's crazy how He is bringing so many people to you and has shown you so much in this short time. It will be great to see which of these puzzle pieces are going to fit together to make things fall into place and which ones you'll put to the side to use later. Thank you for sharing with us and letting us be a part of your journey! Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops I almost forgot give everyone one a hug for me! Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robyn l miss you and Lee very much.
    You are truly God's children. l believe deep down inside my heart of hearts that God is going to provide the things that have been prayed for and He has such a GREAT plan for ya'll and the kids.........
    l love reading about what's going on in your life.

    Love you all,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved reading your blog. I can see God all over it. Thank you for sharing this experience with us...it is a great blessing to see all that the Lord has done in such a short time already. And this is just the beginning! We send you and your family our love. It is so cool to see you guys living out God's purpose! Blessings from Katy, TX. (Susan Lee)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so emotionally inspired as I read this blog, you are such a blessing to us. Your family is leading some of us into deeper things in Christ through your obedience - thank you for sharing this way! Love you all,
    Bess, Juan and kids

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.