Saturday, October 15, 2011

Its my Birthday:)

It has been a long, very busy week.  We had our largest crowd ever Thursday night when Lee and Josh were gone to Belize City.  We had a very loud, and lightning filled storm while the kids were here.  What a blessing that so many turned out.  In spite of the rain, in spite of Lee being gone, and in spite of us not providing any transportation.

Last night, Lee and Josh got home before dinner.  And I was so thankful to see them.  The house is just not right when we are not all here.  So quiet.  I did enjoy the time with my girls and a friend that came and stayed.  But it was nice last night for everyone to be back home.

Thursday, I ran to the bakery, a biweekly trip for me.  And a girl that I have been reaching out to, came up and greeted me.  Anyway, she said, I saw your husband this week.  In my mind, I thought, that's weird, why would Lee come to the bakery?  DUH!!!  Well, when I was telling Lee about it last night, he said he ordered a cake.  It was so funny, because I could tell he was scared she had told me...and somehow, I was totally clueless...so I must admit, I am totally looking forward to the chocolate cake coming my way later.  You see, things like that are more of a treat here...and when it is from the bakery, MMMM.  Wish my family was here to enjoy it with me.

I woke up this morning to rain.  It is supposed to rain til Monday and has been raining since Thursday night.  AND I AM SO THANKFUL.  The rain is so beautiful and so relaxing and so cooling.  I have slept so well the past two nights.  And Erika just got dressed and put on jeans...a first since February.  It is nice and delightful and the best gift Jesus could give me.

I also woke up and made LimeAde.  My Favorite.  Last night, Tori and her friend picked the limes off our tree, so they were there waiting for me when I woke up.  I love making LimeAde and love the way it is so fresh and yummy...and that the limes come right from our yard.  I loved limes in the states and then God gave me a home with a constant supply.  NICE.

I am sure I will have pictures to post later of our day...but just enjoying a nice quiet start to my 38th birthday.  And yes, unfortunately, I do have the gray hairs to prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.