Thursday, October 20, 2011

Wow...where did this week go?

I can't believe it is already Thursday...my weeks are flying by!!!  School starting and church growing all at the same time means busy, busy...

Saturday night, we ended the evening eating out once more...a nice break to not cook at all on my bday...well, i did cook for Sunday's lunch...but that was just to make Sunday smoother:)

We went to this little place owned by a young man...it is a real neat environment and you get free homemade ice cream with each meal...and the food is amazing.  Anyway, two of our friends (families) came in as well, so it was like one big reunion with the kids...they all were running around and acting crazy...but fun, fun...and all the kids love TORI!!!!





Sunday, we had our biggest attendance ever at church...48 of us were squeezed in that conference room like sardines.  But that is a good problem, right?  It is an exciting problem too...so now we are in the process of moving to a bigger room upstairs.  It will cost much more so we are trusting God to put on people's hearts to begin tithing to pay for it...

Remember that amazingly delicious cake we got...well, it was way too big, so in true Belizean fashion, we had people stop by and chat all Sunday afternoon to enjoy the cake with us...we had people here from about 2 -9.  Lee and I were exhausted from all the visiting and slept well...




Also, Sunday, one of the girls that I am real close to (who had a bday on my dad's bday last Saturday) made me a delicious cheesecake with real cherries...my absolute favorite fruit...It was soooo good and I had to try to keep Josh out of it...Thank you Ree:)




On Monday, we watched one of our new members' baby, so they could enjoy a quiet relaxing lunch for their second anniversary...  When they dropped her off, she was so tired, and crying and looking for them.  But not to fear, Tori, the baby whisperer was here...and got that baby to sleep in no time.  She asked if it could count as home-ec that day?  even though that is not a class she is taking.  I will need to see if that is something we can do for next year???




Tuesday was full of errands, market, school, etc.


Then Wednesday, Lee and I got to attend a meeting of bringing the Belmopan missionaries together.  I did not know what to expect, but was so thankful we went.  It was a time of just finding out what everyone else is doing...and who  has what to offer to each other, etc.  It was really a neat time of bonding...after all, we were all called here by the same God...even though our exact missions might be different, we all share a similar story...  We took Erika because it was all day and felt she may too much for the older kids.  She loved it.  We met at a Christian retreat center that was absolutely beautiful.  It was a nice refreshing, although also exhausting day...but we look forward to the next meeting.  Oh, and even the US Ambassadors wife was there.  I guess to see what the US missionaries are doing here:)


This is the building we met in...
Jaguar Creek
Erika loving looking at the creek and falls below...dont worry, Lee is close by...


That night, I had to rush home, clean the house, Tori made banana muffins, get dinner and then we had our Leadership meeting here at the house.  It is so neat to watch our leaders growing.  I always enjoy these meetings and seeing God speaking to our people.  And rotating house to house is neat as well...just the beginings of what is to come.

Last night, as Lee was picking up some people, right outside our neighborhood, he came up to an accident.  Two UB students, who live in Kings Childrens Home, had been hit by a drunken police officer as they were on the crosswalk.  It was very disturbing to Lee, as many were looking at her lying on the ground, covered in blood, but noone was talking to her.  He thought she may be dead.  But he went and prayed and saw her move.  As the director of the home came, they took her in the back of a police pick up because no ambulance was available.  Lee went and prayed with the house mom.  He was so sad about the situation.  Then of course, came and led the leadership meeting and then went back to the hospital.  The one girl has been sent to Belize City and I do not know her current state.  She definitely had internal injuries.  Also, one of the girls was pregnant.  It is heartbreaking as things like this happen all the time here.

Some more pics of the fun part of our day...



This is the room where we ate.  The lady in red is the US Ambassador's wife.  The Tawainese-American beside Lee runs this ministry center...  He is very kind and attends the church that meets in the same bldg as us.



Erika in the midst of the beautiful butterfly gardens...have never seen so many beautiful butterflies before...



Well, I have a moment of rest before another busy night and then taking a young lady and her friend through the Life Manual tomorrow.  We are truly seeing our vision of people in our home being fulfilled.  It was hard to picture what exactly that would look like in the beginning, but here we are.  Typically a 13 yr old girl comes over every Friday afternoon as well to spend time with Tori.  So there are always people here, our table is always full.  We have 8 spots at our table, 6 people who live in our home, but the table is almost always full...and visiting from Houston will be begin in November...and keep us busier still...

And how could I forget to mention the absolutely amazing cooler weather we are having...I must say it is making Belize a dream...after all the sweating for the past 9 months that I have done, it is nice to have a little relief...and just enjoy...enjoy being sweat free:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.