Saturday, October 1, 2011

Women's Retreat

A few weeks ago, a fellow missionary, and new lady in our church, told me about an upcoming women's retreat.  It was totally out of my comfort zone to go somewhere that I basicly knew NOONE, but decided I did need a little retreat.  But when I found out I would have to share a room with several people, I decided not to spend the night.  As it turns out, I probably wouldn't have had to.  Another lady who attends my church did spend the night and ended up having the room to herself.

So, Lee agreed to drive me back and forth to the meetings at the Baptist Encampment.  We have heard about it several times...but it is a beautiful place.  Very tranquil and peaceful.  I totally had wished I had decided ahead of time to spend one night.  Next time I will.  I told Lee we should check into it for the Life Advance.

It was put on by the Calvary Chapel church plants here in Belize.  I was able to meet a lot of really awesome ladies, many, missionaries like myself.  It was truly refreshing to worship and be encouraged by messages that were right on.





Last night when Lee picked me up, he said Erika had been an angel, as he had taken the kids to the community wide night of worship.  She had danced her heart out.  She was kind of clingy, but went to bed good.

She woke up screaming in the middle of the night though.  Her ear hurt so bad.  It broke my heart.  Tonight I am suffering from not enough sleep last night!!!

Anyway, Lee took her to the doctor this morning and yes, her ear was infected.  He prescribed an antibiotic and drops.  When he weighed her, he told Lee she was underweight for her age.  Then Lee began to share her story of being 3 lbs at birth and having surgery to put her intestines back inside when she was born.  The doctor said babies born like that in Belize die.  They have only had ONE survive.  We were once again reminded of the miracle that Erika's life is.  When Lee relayed this story to me over the phone, I cried.  The doctor was blessed as well to witness the miracle of her life.

So, tonight the big kids and Lee are at a group bday party for several of our kids from church.  And Erika and I are painting nails and watching Cinderella...and hopefully going to sleep early...




Feeling really thankful for this little miracle child tonight:)

1 comment:

  1. Tell Erika her nails are beautiful. She is our miracle child. We are so thankful she was born in the USA where she could get the medical help to save her life so that God could give her to us. Thank you Jesus.

    Love, Tricia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.