Sunday, April 8, 2012

Identifying Emotions

This morning I was feeling a little not myself...really, lately.   During the service, I asked God to show me what was going on.  Well, after lunch with friends at a chinese restaurant, I came home and uploaded some pics from this morning...

As I was sitting here, just thinking about it, I think I realized what is going on.  Easter season has been racked full of emotions for me for the past several years now...

Last year, we had just been here in Belize for two months, and were definitely still getting settled.  Our first Easter, for many years, to not be with our family...

The year before that was the week after we told Life Church that we were moving to Belize.  It was an emotional day for me...knowing I was beginning all our "lasts".  Our house sold three days after Easter that year:(  And that was a very hard time for me...quickly selling most of our 18 yr build up of stuff and moving out of our dream home.  We had just adopted Erika that Feb, gone to a Missions Training for two weeks in March, then came home and began making the prep to move to Belize.  Unfortunately this picture is a little blurry, but honestly, this season in my life was a lot blurry:)  So perfect.



The year before that was a very joyful year, as it was our first Easter with Erika.  I remember I had so much fun dressing her up in a beautiful princess dress a friend had given me.  It was a dream Easter with my whole family together.




And I will only torture you one more Easter back...we were waiting on getting Erika to our home.  I had so hoped it would happen Easter weekend, but then could see that God didn't allow it until the next weekend, because I would have been so busy and it would have been hard for it to have been her first weekend with us.

But all this to say, Easter season has been an emotional, good and bad, time for me, for several years now.  I have to figure out new traditions, fun times, in the place that I am.  We are to be content where God has called us.  That is sometimes not as easy as it seems.  I miss my family.  I miss Life Church.  But, God calls us to move on, and to flourish where He plants us.

So, after church today, we went to lunch with another missionary couple and another man from our church.  And you know what?  We had a great time.  Because God has put great people in our lives here.  And I am so thankful.  And here are some pics of our service today...








LifeNet's newest baby...big sister holding her




LUNCH:)

And just a couple more pictures for anyone not on Facebook with me... A friend came and took pics with her girls with Tori's rabbits and took a couple of Erika too...they are so cute... Enjoy.




She's an amazing photographer, but she also had some real cuties to work with...




1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures as always. I think the picture of you and Lee by the cross is the best one I've ever seen of you two. Love it. Love, Tricia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.