I've posted pics on Facebook...and will repost a few here, but we are having a great time.
Our first days were full of shopping for new clothes and other much needed items, squeezing in tidbits of time with family, and just getting errands done.
Sunday was our first church to visit, but not just any church...the church we planted and spent about half of our marriage at. The church body that walked through so many things with us, including carrying us through the foster-to adopt process of their church baby, Erika:)
We all enjoyed getting ready in AC at my brother and sister in laws house and putting on new outfits and headed to the church. There were so many people to talk and to hug. It was overwhelming, but nice too. The weirdest part is to just be and have no responsibilities on a Sunday morning, normally our busiest day. Well, Lee had LOTS of things going on..teaching the Life School of Ministry and sharing in Sunday morning and evening service.
Our whole family went on stage...it was so different than our church in Belmopan....
...and yes, it still made me nervous to go up there...
The church had an amazing lunch for us. All our favorite foods...honestly, a little overwhelming to be the first in line, but we so enjoyed. It was nice to walk around and visit...and to see my kids with their old friends. Because the Life Church kids were and still are some of their closest friends.
And it got me a little teared up to meet a baby that I had prayed with the parents for. Lee performed their wedding years ago and they yearned for a little one. What a joy to hold answered prayer...and to see one of my favorite fellow staffers, Kelly... (Kelly also prayed with the mother for this baby.)
Lee and I were both touched when Lea came in while we were in worship...Lea spent almost a year living with us, while we were preparing to tell the church the Lord called us to Belize. She had lots of hugs for us and it was a joy just to see her smile.
Lee and I are so overwhelmed by the goodness of the Lord. We have felt such love ever since we stepped off the plane...Life Church was just the icing on the cake. God has blessed us in unexpected ways, and although we are extremely busy, I feel in the midst of our busyness, that our spirits are resting and being refreshed.
Tonight we are heading to a dinner with the Houston area Foursquare pastors...such special friends all the years we lived in Katy. One family even being the connection to us finding Erika.
I will try to blog when I can, but we are definitely running like crazy. I need to do laundry soon...but not sure when I'll get the chance. Such a different crazy busy life than that of Belmopan.
It's awesome reading up on your adventure Robyn! God is so good!
ReplyDelete