When I had my surgery, it required many changes in my diet. Some of those changes are forever. At first, I was sad. Thinking of all the things I could no longer eat. But I became very intentional when eating. More intentional than I have ever been. There have been a couple of times I have not stayed within my boundaries and have paid for it with pain in my sides.
I also decided to become more intentional about my activity level. Even in those first weeks, I began walking. I am very busy here, but exercise is something I have really struggled with. It is 90 degrees in my living room right now. So I am already sweating. My flesh says to sit in a chair in front of a fan. But when I walk, I feel so much better. I sweat a little more, but since I'm already sweating, why not? I was curious how much I was actually walking and so Lee had an old pedometer. It has been fun to park a little further away so I am forced to walk a little more. Or to realize I need to walk more to make my pedometer numbers to go up.
I realized over the past few weeks that I walk more in America. Walking around the mall or inside Walmart. Everywhere we go, we have to park so far and walk in. Walking in Oregon was awesome because it wasn't too hot. Here it is hot and I park right in front of the store and our stores are small. So I have to be intentional to get my steps in.
The girls have enjoyed walking with me. We clear all the furniture back in our living room, turn on some fast music and WALK. It has been a time of laughing and singing together. It is a season of creating some new memories with my last three:)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.