Tuesday, September 5, 2017

This Summer

This has been a crazy summer for me.   Just as I got home from a crazy busy trip to the states, and was just beginning to settle into our new life with a smaller family, life threw us a curve ball.

So I was back in the states and my poor family was without a mom to run the show.  Somehow they survived and I got some special time with my parents as my body healed.

Then Lee and I celebrated 25 years of marriage.  A marriage I am so thankful for.  I love who we are as a married couple.  It took many years and many trials to get to this beautiful place of contentment and joy in our marriage.   Realizing what a gift I was given 25 years ago.  We had an amazing trip to Oregon and were so blessed by the Besa family as we went for Bianca's wedding.  What an honor to be there as they are starting their marriage in ministry just like Lee and I did.  And what a joy to get a few days alone with Lee.  Even the simple thing that noone could call him there!  It was wonderful.

I came home for a week and worked with the girls on school, restocking the fridge and then was off to take Tori up to college.  I had such a special time with Tori.  We laughed, sang our hearts out in the car, had fun decorating her room.  I will always treasure that I got a few days with just her.  Of course, I also was so thankful for the little bit of time we got with Josh too.  He has been such a blessing in helping her get adjusted to all the new things of college life.  I was so proud of how well Wayne and Jodie had taught her to drive.  Of course,  I am nervous leaving her, but I felt so much peace on her college campus and know she is exactly where God wants her.

And now, just like that September is here.  A month full of celebrations for Belize.  It is the busiest time of year for LifeNet as well.  We have so many new things happening.  The girls are well into their school year...five weeks and doing well.  This week begins their activities, like dance.  Our house is much quieter now.  Elizabeth still joins us occasionally to play Catan.  We enjoy the fun she brings to the house.  It is still weird that she has her own house now.  It is beautiful and she is ready to receive girls to live with her.

Kailey will begin something new this year.  She will begin teaching dance at a tutor center in the village.  I am so proud of her and the way she is using the gift God has given her.  She is excited and taking it very seriously.  She will also be doing a devotional with the girls.  Many of the girls attend LifeNet.

Well, it is time for me to run my errands.  I need to go to the produce stand, grocery store, meat store and bakery.  I got spoiled the few weeks I was in the states and could just run to Walmart or HEB.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.