We live in a world of such MATERIALISM. And we live in a city that is very over the top Materialistic. I have tried so hard not to be sucked into it. But as we got a bigger house, we filled it up. And now we have four kids instead of just the two we had when we moved in. And we have SO MUCH STUFF!!!
So, it was time...to do some downsizing. We had a huge garage sale this weekend. It is amazing how much stuff we have that we don't even use. How Tori's and Erika's drawers don't even close because they are so stuffed full of clothes. How many books and toys that are never touched, that I just have to move and pick up to vacuum.
Cleaning out feels so good and so freeing.
You know the neat thing? Erika NEVER played with her toys. She had so many toys that just sat there. Well, I got rid of about half of them. And guess what? Now, she sits and plays with her toys. It is so cool. And Tori was telling me that she didn't like me making her get rid of and go through her stuff. But she said, now she realizess that she doesn't even miss it, and she enjoys her room so much more.
We, as Americans, are so spoiled. We think we need so much. People in other countries have so little..as far as material possessions. But they are so much happier. They are content in having family and friends.
So now I will enjoy looking around my decluttered room with my simply decorated dresser and walking in my walk-in closet (its been a while).
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.