Friday, April 8, 2011

Clinic 101

This has been such a busy day for us.  I am sitting here thinking about all the things that I need to be doing, but I am just so tired.

So, Lee just said we can eat at the Restaurant across from the UB tonight.  He's my hero. 

I woke up at 4:30 this morning...dont know why.  And I am tired.  Have been thinking about making coffee...iced, that is.  Just havent got around to it.

This morning, we went to market, took Vivian back to the clinic, to have her TB test read.  The nurse wanted to see her immunizations and said she would get us right in if we came back in the afternoon.

We still have a fridge in our living room...waiting to be picked up in the morning and taken to a family that just had a baby and has no fridge.  The freezer does not work, but the fridge does.  And for them, that is better than nothing.  So someone is delivering it to them tomorrow.  I pray it works well for them and keeps their food okay:)

This afternoon, Winnie's class was leading worship for her chapel.  I thought that I would like to go...so we did.  And I am glad.  She is not my daughter, but feels like it, because I care about her and love her and want God's best for her.  She has a beautiful voice and when she sang her solo part, I was so proud of her...yes, I even teared up a little.  It was so neat to see her in her environment, of school, with all her friends, many we have met.  But seeing them at school was different.  And she and her sister seemed happy for us to be there.  Introducing us to everyone.  Showing off Erika.  Vivian was like "Erika why are you being so shy...you certainly aren't at the house?"  But Erika was very good and all my kids enjoyed meeting Winnie's friends and seeing where she goes to school.  It is definitely the nicest school in Belmopan, but a world different than American schools.  No AC, all the doors open, several small buildings scattered about.  But a very nice school.  It is nice to see where we send her every day.


Found out today what a beautiful voice Winnie has.


After that, we had to take Vivian back to get her shots...fun experience at the clinic with 4, I mean 5 kids...almost forgot Lee.  And we have been given such favor with one nurse there.  Thank you Jesus for your grace.


Tonight, we are having Dale and the kids come hang out as Carolyn has a shower at the house...no boys...and tomorrow friends for lunch...and Sunday as well.  So I need to clean, need to shop...yet, I am so tired.  It will happen.  Eventually.  Tomorrow morning I guess:)

I really love how Belmopan is our home.  How it becomes more and more that way each day.  How we don't feel like the new ones anymore...

Today started with a care package from a friend...what a great way to start the day.  And then to go and experience Winnie's school.

On another note, it has been more difficult than I thought just to get the girls in ballet and Tori to start piano lessons, etc.  But a girl in our church is going to start teaching Josh guitar.  His grandparents had wanted to give him that for Christmas, and he was not interested at the time.  Lee and I are thankful now that he wants to.  And actually came up with the idea on his own.  She has an extra guitar he can borrow.   And we are working on a young lady who will come and teach Tori piano.

One thing that I have had to really learn here is PATIENCE.  Everything seems to take longer, more work, etc, here.  And we run out of energy here.  I can only push myself so much because the heat is draining and you cant just go revive yourself in the air conditioning like in the states.  When it is hot, sometimes all you can do is have a little siesta.  And that gives me a better understanding of the culture.  I think if we had Central Air...which I would absolutely love...I would not understand those living around me.  But since I am hot too...I have a better idea.

Gonna go make a coffee now...so I can make it through the evening:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.