Saturday, June 23, 2012

Finding that time with Jesus

Sometimes I feel like it can be real challenging to find that quiet time with Jesus...our world, wherever we are...can just be so busy.  Too busy.  Especially when you are in the years of raising a family.  It is no longer just about you, but also the constant demands of having children.  


This week has been so exhausting for me.  There has also been a lot of deep ministry that has gone on this week.  And that takes a toll.  We went and prayed over someone's home and family last night.  I was going to then come home and cook...and my husband, knowing I was spent, ordered a pizza.  Yes, a tremendous blessing.  I think it was about 7:30 when we ate.  Then, settling Erika to bed.  I was so tired.  I suggested the older kids, Lee and I watch a movie.  Well, at 8:30, I was sound asleep.  That is what happens when they turn out all the lights and I finally sit down:)


So, then I woke up around 9:30.  They were still watching the movie and I just felt this longing to spend some time with Jesus. I needed to be refilled of all that I had given this week.  I love WORSHIP music...love it.  It is how I hear from God, quite often.  So, I began to search Itunes for the latest stuff.  I wanted something fresh, new...to speak to me.  Well, by now, of course, Lee and the kids were heading to bed...so I was like, "I just feel I need some time..." and went out to the living room.  It was perfect for just sitting at Jesus' feet and worshipping.


Here, I rarely have time alone.  I do not spend a lot of time in the car like I did in Katy.  I never am in the house alone.  I always have kids with me.  It can be a challenge to find that time to sit at Jesus' feet.  Last night, I feel I got it.  I was so refreshed and renewed.  I wish I could get across to people how real His Presence is...how healing it is.  You just have to find that quiet time of just you and Him.  Wherever you are, He will meet you there.  It is my life.  It is where I find my peace.  Where I am able to refocus and let Him confirm what He is doing in my life.


I journalled as I spent this time with the Lord.  Reading over it just now was cool...how my prayers turned from worship and surrendering to His will, to pray for His touch on my life, to interceding for others.


Okay, so maybe this was more information than you wanted.  But, just want to challenge you:  There is a way to find time with Jesus.  No matter what.  You just have to figure it out.


Finally at 12:30,  I crawled back into bed, totally pumped and I could not sleep.  Jesus just really revived my spirit.  I woke up this morning, happy, and ready for the day.  It works.  We need Him.  We cannot do it without Him.


Oh, and I loved the all the new worship.  But the song that I think really broke my heart was Hungry...such an old song...but the words are so powerful.


Hungry YouTube if you want to hear:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.