For almost 10 years, we called Life Church home. I think the longest I ever lived anywhere in my life...was Katy, Texas. Part of my heart will always be there.
This week, 18 people are here from Life Church's School of Ministry. And it is so refreshing. It is like family visiting. There is so much to catch up on, but more than that, just ministering alongside those I love...is so natural.
Today, we relaxed at Jaguar Paw, while half of the team went tubing. I didn't realize I was in the sun and never put sunscreen on...I am bearing a sunburn now. I am exhausted tonight, but had such a great day.
The next four days will be a whirlwind of activity and intense ministry. Then we will hopefully rest Sunday night and Monday. But I am so excited to take LifeNet, our new family here in Belize, through the Life Advance, this weekend. It wont be quite the same as we did it in the states. We wont have an air conditioned building, fancy decor or over the top refreshments. But the ministry time will still be powerful. I have a million things to do to prepare...but am so excited. So excited for what God is going to do here, in the people I love in Belize.
It is really cute because Erika has not seen many of these people in 18 months-2 years (because we travelled around the last 9 months in the states)...but she is loving them all. She cant remember all their names, but remembers their faces and that they love her. She asked Lisa, "Do you remember me?" and was shocked when Lisa said, "I knew you ever since you were a baby..." This is the church, the family, that stood by and supported Lee and I through so much during the foster to adopt process. And this is the family that is still standing beside us as we serve here in Belize. We are so blessed.
We have been busy and I have been horrible about taking photos...but here are a few...
Pastor Sam, Susanna, my girls, Lee and I, Bobby, Mike, John and Teresa all stayed behind while the others floated down the river. Then we all enjoyed a yummy lunch by Maria:)
 |
| Bobby and John |
 |
| Erika Posing |
 |
| Beautiful Susanna |
 |
| Erika had so much fun with Ms. Susanna |
 |
| Lunch: We were hungry and it was good:) |
 |
| Lisa's shadow |
 |
| playing football with Bobby and Lisa:) |
 |
| One set of newlyweds... |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.