Monday, June 18, 2012

Over the weekend...

We had a busy, but great weekend.  We started the weekend with a NetGroup BBQ with one of the adults' groups...on this past Friday night.  The group did a great job of inviting new people and making everyone feel welcome.  We had a yummy dinner of BBQ chicken, cole slaw, homemade flour tortillas, chips and cheese, dessert.  Everything was so good.  And they even sent the leftovers home for us on Saturday.

We played pictionary with Bible miracles.  It was so funny and everyone had a great time.  Oh, and this little darling?  Her name is ROBYN, just like me.  She even spells it correctly.  And if you offer to take her to her mommy, she will let you carry her.  We had a blast enjoying this little girl.  Her parents have been coming to the church for a couple months now.



Then, Saturday, I don't know..we were just busy around the house.  Wini has been going through all her stuff and eliminating as she has to leave with just two suitcases.  I feel for her, because I remember not too long ago, having to get rid of most of my things.  It is an emotional process.  She sent me her ticket on Saturday and when I saw it, it choked me up...the reality that she will soon be gone.  We are throwing her a big party on Tuesday night, right before she leaves, so Tori has been helping me to get things ready.  It sounds like a lot of people are planning to come.  Tori and I will have a very long day on Tuesday because, here, when you throw a party, everything is from scratch.  I actually will buy some food today and the rest at market tomorrow.  But I am happy to send her off knowing she was loved.

Sunday was a mad rush as we now have THREE vanloads of people to pick up on Sunday morning, getting things set up, not enough chairs, so sending someone to our house to get the plastic chairs...and we had a full house again...121 people came to watch Courageous.  It is a movie with a powerful message.  I even got to hold little Tristan, so Terrance could enjoy the end of the movie.  He fell asleep in my arms and that was the sweetest thing in the world for me.  I love babies, and let me tell you, we have never pastored a church with so many babies.  We had around 10 who were under six months old yesterday...it is crazy.  But I can always hold a baby anytime I want:)

After church, we went to lunch at a missionary family that comes to our church.  They do Water Missions International, installing water purification systems for villages.  It was so wonderful and relaxing as the rain has brought on cooler temps.  We ate outside on the beautiful porch looking over the river.  Erika made a new little friend, who lives next door to the family.  I just had to take some pictures of this amazing house they are renting.  I am sure you will enjoy my family's poses...

This is a precious couple that just blessed us so much yesterday

Their eldest, Chase, who is an amazing helper in our children's church...

Little Aden is their next door neighbor and Erika had a blast with him.  The boy in red is their youngest, Logan...a precious boy.

It was so fun eating outside...we didnt even mind the mosquitoes...


Our view...see the river?

The bedroom Erika played in...loved the tapestries over each bed...

Our last Sunday with Wini:(  At least it was a special day...

Wini's really sleeping...Jesse just covered his face...the view from upstairs...

Wow, that looked comfy...

she woke up...

Happy Father's Day, fake sleeper:)

This was the coolest bathroom I've ever seen, but dont know if I would like all these windows!!!  Lee's taking a bath!!!

So, it was a great weekend.  We have another busy week ahead of us.  Hoping to get our homeschool stuff today.  It is waiting for us.  This week, we will move Tori into her own room. She is excited, Erika is not.  So we are going to try to make Erika having her own room special too.  Setting up her room just the way she wants.

Have an awesome day!)

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful home. Is it in Belmopan? Loved the pictures.

    Love, Tricia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.