Friday, June 29, 2012

Hot, Hot, Hot

This morning, I visited one of my friends who is also a missionary.  She has two little ones that have been running fever, so I just went to check on her.  The baby's fever had broke, but she was just hot!

We are both fixin' to go to the states in a few weeks and were talking about what it will be like...with AC:)  

It is so hot and humid these past days.  It totally affects how you live your life.  I typically take 3-4 showers a day right now.  For real.  It is just sweaty.  No, we are not in the 100's like those of you in Texas.  But we also do not live in AC homes.  I think that is the biggest difference.  Today is a little cooler and it is 92 in my house right now.  I have a fan blowing directly on me...and it is still hot.  We do not get relief until the middle of the night.  And then it is hard to get up in the morning...but you must get up and get some things done, because by about 11, I start making lunch, then need to rest after lunch because of the heat.  We typically use these afternoons to make quick trips outside and bring the laundry in, and watch movies.  I feel that my productivity goes way down when it is so hot.  

So, yes, I know Texas is hotter...but I am looking forward to enjoying some AC for a few weeks.  And if 92-95 doesn't sound too hot, I challenge you to turn off your AC and let your house get that hot:)  All around me are sweaty people, sweaty babies...yet, we still must do life.  We still must hang our laundry, clean our houses, make meals...  And I think...we probably have more fans than most people...and the fans are a tremendous blessing.

Oh, and our avocado tree produced.  So exciting.  Here are a few pics of my monkey climbing WAY up in the tree to get 'em...



I think she was telling me something...she was the picker upper...she did a great job dodging the dropping avacadoes...


That night, we had some ladies and younger girls over for LLT.  They decorated my avacadoes for me:)

My lime tree has only produced a few so far...but I think once we get some more rain, we will get more.  But this morning, I got limes 8/$1 bz and was thrilled.  The new thing I have been making is frozen watermelon, frozen pineapple slices, two limes squeezed over, 1 cup of water and some sugar and blend it all together.  It is so refreshing and the kids are getting so much fresh fruit this way.  We also have been making lots of guacomole lately.  MMMM.  Love feeding my family healthy stuff.  Tomatoes are getting scarce now...so we will have to learn not to have those, but other things are coming in.  We truly eat by the season here:)

Monday, we are taking a family day somewhere I have wanted to go for a while...with two other families.  I am really looking forward to it.  I want rain, but praying we get our "fun day" in first.  Oh, and Sunday, we are baptizing 9 people in a pool on someone's roof.  That should be cool and I will certainly blog about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.