New Year's Eve was mellow, but nice.
I spent the day, cleaning up the house, but no rush. Going to the store, preparing some food (with the help of the girls and Alina.) It was a nice, low-key day.
We invited over some of the young people just to play games, eat. It was fun.
I realize that I really enjoy these kids. I enjoy spending time with them. Playing Apples to Apples with them. Laughing with them.
Alina was spending the night and got up and went into Tori's room, where Promise was hanging (our dog). He is terrified of the unending fireworks and had an accident...and Alina stepped in it...and there was so much laughter throughout the house. It was awesome. Tori and I finally got it cleaned up, Alina got cleaned up...Life went on. But Laughing is so healthy and important.
It is important that we pour spiritually into these young people and have times of serious discipleship with them. But it is also important that, like with our own families, that we have times of laughter and fun. It is important that we show that being a Christian is fun...and joyful. Christians struggle too...and there is a balance of showing that part as well. How, as we struggle, that the Lord gives us peace through those times. But last night was part of spiritual parenting. Just being a family to these young people. And we had the YWAM DTS guys here...all far away from their families right now.
So, last night was awesome. Just hanging out. It was fun serving this group. I really enjoyed it:)
And Lee won at Risk, so he was happy. His boy, Josh, beat him at Monopoly, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.