Friday, January 18, 2013

The Importance of Friends

Women are just different than men.  In a million and one ways.

Like friends, for instance.

Women need friends.  We need to make time for friends.  We need to make it a priority.

Lately, I have just  been so busy with church life, homeschool life, the holidays, birthdays, that I really haven't had time to just go to lunch with a friend.

Today I did that.  And we were gone about four hours.  Seriously.  But I do not feel bad.  I feel refreshed, energized, happy, ready to go on.  And it is exactly what I needed.

In Katy, life was busy for me too.  But I could occasionally meet a friend for lunch, breakfast, coffee, whatever.  Have a friend over for coffee, for that matter.  Everyone was gone all day and the days I didn't work or run errands, I could squeeze in the time with friends.

But here, I have found I have to make more of an effort.  And I really have to GO somewhere.  My home is always full and it is hard to just have someone over for a girl chat.

Today was good for me.  I plan to do this more often.  To make it more of a priority.

Oh, and guys need friends too.  But guys like to go on crazy adventures together...and that is not me.  I just want to have someone serve me (lunch, coffee), instead of me making myself.  And sit and talk and talk and talk:)

The world is so much better with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.