Monday, March 25, 2013

"F" stands for Fellowship as Family

Saturday and Sunday were just AWFUL as far as weather goes, but today, the Lord gave us a break and it only got to about 87.  No rain, but perfect in that my laundry was dry and folded by noon, but I didn't melt as I took it off the line:)

But what I really want to share about is what I feel in my heart this weekend over into today.

God has given us a very special family here in Belize.  As my heart is torn not being able to be with our family in Texas as they celebrated Grandmother's life today, it was as if the Lord was reminding me that we have two families.  One physical and one spiritual.  And that time with each is not only important, but so special.  In six weeks, we will  have time with our physical family, but this weekend, we really enjoyed our family here in Belize.  (Also, Grandmother LOVED missions.  She was so proud for her grandson to be serving as a missionary...)

Saturday, I enjoyed the tea party and enjoyed getting to just fellowship and visit with one of our ladies from church.  So often, life is busy and those times have to be captured and enjoyed as they come.

Then Sunday, I truly felt it again.  I held a baby of a missionary couple that is moving tomorrow and she fell asleep in my arms.  I enjoyed every second of her sweetness, knowing it would be the last time I would get that special moment with her.  Then, just as our crew set up before church, as we worshipped together, then fellowshipped afterward, I continued just feeling a joy and peace with those that the Lord has placed in my life and heart here.

For lunch, we went to a restaurant we haven't gone in a while.  Several of the guys joined us.  It was fun, laughing together, watching my children interact with these guys who love Jesus and serve Him, and who are also so much fun to hang out with.  After lunch, one of the guys said, it would be awesome to have a Pina Colada (virgin, of course).  I knew I had everything except one ingredient at the house...so said if he would get the missing ingredient, I would make them for everyone.  We ended up having everyone there all afternoon.  It was SOOOO miserably HOT at our house...97 degrees inside!!!  Even with fans, we didn't move.  Just drank our drinks and watched a movie and talked.  But, again, I thought...I love our family.  I love how one of the guys was teaching Erika Kriol...and it was so fun.

Today, I was dreading another killer heat day...but God was so merciful and it never got over 87 degrees.  I woke up early because I had not done much the previous two days so was determined to get a head start.  It was good because I ended up being busy all day long.  But it was just such a more pleasant day.  The night before we had decided to go to the Blue Hole after the kids finished school...and suggested they each invite a friend or two.  We ended up having a van full...seriously...12 in all (including us).  But it was SO fun.  Tori told me several times how much she enjoyed today.  God is good and when we suffer through the heat, He redeems it by showing us the family He has given to us here.  The family that He is doing so much in.

Tonight, Tori and I went to the Women's NetGroup because of it being Sara's last night.  And once again, the message of family was strong.  And seeing God raising up leaders...the leader in particular tonight is one that we have seen give her life to the Lord about a year ago...and God has done so much in her.  She wept as she ministered because of her sensitivity to what God is doing.  The NetGroup was chaotic with lots of women and lots of children (it is about to multiply into two groups).  But still, there was such kindredship amoung the women and I have seen personally so many of them grow in the Lord.

Anyways, tonight I go to bed with my heart full.  Our purpose is clear.  God is using our little ole family to change people's relationship with God in such big ways.  One of which is giving them a "family" to belong to, to grow with, to get closer to Jesus with.

Really Cool Day.

1 comment:

  1. Robyn, that was beautiful. You need to compile your letters and write a book. I am so happy that God let's you see these important moments and people with His heart. God has placed you with Lee for such a time as this because you are just the right person for this work. Love, Tricia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.