Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Thankful for the Intercessors God has put in my life

"I love what God is doing, have to be honest I don't get here very often and miss much of what is going but God does not miss it. He sees every drop of sweat, every drop of love, every drop of you that you pour out for Him and He is well pleased."

This is just part of a facebook message that a friend sent to me last night.  Her words and her heart behind her words meant so much and were so encouraging.

"Reflections: The ministry journey is a family affair. These awesome missionary kids (Josh, Tori and Erika) are an integral part of God's call on this family (Lee & Robyn). They serve, they sacrifice and they sow seeds of God's love! Pray for them, thank God for them and the next time you're around some M.K.'s, pay them some special attention! They deserve it!"

This was the status of our President, Glenn Burris, who just visited us the past couple of days.  Can I tell you?  This man is so humble and so loving and my children, Lee and I feel so deeply loved and cared for after just a couple days with this man.  We feel so honored that he would take a few days out of his intensely busy travel schedule to fit us in.  Days that he could have spent resting before ministering at a large conference in Honduras.  He just was a blessing.

Last night, we had a dinner for church leaders and pastors to be able to hear Glenn speak, have some Q and A, and just fellowship.  It turned out so nice.  We have a man in our church who is an excellent cook.  He and his wife decorated, cooked, set-up, tore-down.  I know they were exhausted, but I also know that they really blessed all who were there.  Tori, along with a few other young people served.  They did a great job.  I was proud of our church family and was glad that Glenn got to meet at least a few of them, since he won't be here on a Sunday.  I was also thankful for the handful of local pastors who attended.  Pastor Caleb and the other pastors and leaders from Cayo also attended and it was a blessing to have such a great turn out from them as well.


Final preparations being made


Dr. Glenn Burris, what an honor to get some time with this man

We had over 40 people in attendance for our dinner.
The men who are leaders and pastors in Cayo with Foursquare.
As I was just looking at the photos, I thought it was so crazy that we had the dinner in the room, that until just recently, we used to squeeze into every Sunday morning.  What a blessing it has been to have the bigger room, that also now sometimes seems so full!  It is a blessing to be able to minister to so many people.  Overwhelming at times, but a blessing.  Last night, one of the leaders shared with me how thankful she was that Lee and I were obedient to God calling us  here.  She said, you do not know how much prayer has gone into getting a family like you to come and minister and raise up a church of true discipleship.  It is when the Lord uses people like that to speak to me, that I am most encouraged.  It is then that I feel I can "sweat a little" for Jesus:)  It is getting warm, now, though.  And it is the dry season.  This is the toughest time of year for our family.  But also a time of blessing as we enter the time of celebrating Jesus' death and resurrection.  Just last night, one of the leaders asked if we would do the water outreach again like we did last year.  I love the enthusiasm and desire to serve their community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.