Saturday, March 9, 2013

Monkeys, Baptisms, Grandparents, Anniversaries

Whew...Life has been busy.  So busy that I have not had time to update on what has been going on.

Plus...this week I have had one of those colds that just knocks you off your feet.  I have done the bare minimums to get by, but am beginning to feel better, yet still not 100 percent.  

Last night, we went out to dinner with a new couple in our church and their mom who is visiting from Texas.  It was so nice to go out on a Friday night.  Just as we got there, I started feeling a migraine coming on and thought what will I do?  I cannot drive home and don't want to ruin it for my family.  But God surely did touch me and the headache went away and I had a great time.  God is in the details of our lives:)

I have lots of pictures for you.  If you are my friend on Facebook, you have probably seen most of these already.

We were so blessed to have Lee's parents here for several days.  They brought "Christmas" from them and Wayne and Jodie...and we were so greatly blessed.  And not only that, they brought us lots of groceries that we cannot get here...and that is always a blessing to us!

As you know from a previous post, they stayed with our kids so I could join Lee on the conference to North Carolina.  It was such a refreshing getaway for Lee and I, and something I didn't realize I needed until I went.

But also while Lee's parents were here, we visited Banana Bank, had our first Family Fun Day, Celebrated ten baptisms, one being our own precious girl, and they went ziplining.  I was so impressed especially with Lee's mom, for being so brave.  I am not so brave.  I took the oppurtunity to stay home and grocery shop, do laundry and get the house situated.  I am glad they had a great time.  And then, all too soon, it was time for Lee's parents to go home.  Three days later, Lee left to California for the Foursquare council meeting.  An honor and blessing for him.  He came back so excited and pumped as the leaders of Foursquare encouraged and poured into him while he was there.  He came back so excited about what God is doing at LifeNet.

The kids love the monkey at Banana Bank
My beautiful children all ready for Family Fun Day...a busy day for a Pastors family that Erika had a blast and I was thankful for my older children who did so much to serve!
Lee's mom singing in our church service.  What a blessing that she finally got well from her cold and got her voice back:)

Erika's Belizean Grandma...she baked cookies for us and attended Erika's baptism.  Ms. Marion is a special lady to our family...
After the Baptism, we celebrated at Antonini's with dinner and ice cream.  Erika got a beautiful Bible with her name on it.  In the front, we each wrote about her accepting Jesus.
The next morning, they all went ziplining.  Erika must have told me 100 times how much fun she had!
Lee's mom is so brave!


And, all too soon, it was time to go back to the airport:(

So, what else has been going on?

We are getting ready for our President, Glenn Burris, to come in a few weeks.  We will host a dinner for Pastors and Leaders to come and glean from him.  Barry, a missionary in our church, will cook for the dinner.  And he is an amazing cook!  He came last week and made us the dinner he will make that night....  Wowsers, it was amazing.



Then this past Sunday, we celebrated TWO years of LifeNet.  We had over 200 people at church.  Barry baked us the most amazing, delicious cakes with LIFE on them.  When I saw all the people, I was afraid we wouldn't have enough.  But we did.  And everyone enjoyed.



This little girl loves to serve.  She got out all the plates so the girls could quickly put the cake on the plates.  And aren't our servers beautiful?  I love how they truly represent the diversity of LifeNet.  This picture was not planned, but when I saw it...  And the young in our church serve.  They serve on our worship team, in our Children's Church, they serve cake:)  We are truly blessed to be their pastor.


Last thing I wanted to share.  Tori recently began serving out in the village at a Tutor Center.  She loves it.  I am so proud of her.  She works alongside a missionary who attends our church.  This is a safe place for the kids to come after school and I love that Tori gets to be a part of it.  In a few weeks, they will have a Tea as a fundraiser.  I will take the girls and will be excited to post pictures.  We are always looking for fun, girly things to do so I am looking forward to it:)


So, life is busy.  Life is good.  Today we do not have much planned and I am thankful.  One more day for me to fight this cold.  For tomorrow will be full with church and a council meeting in the evening.  But, Lee has an office now.  And for that, I am so thankful.


1 comment:

  1. That meal Barry cooked looked so good. I want to come back.

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.