Saturday, March 23, 2013

Tea Party

Whew...it was a hot one today.  Like so hot that literally, you are so lethargic from the heat from about 10 am- 4 pm...that nothing in your life gets done.  Except sitting in front of a fan...and trying to keep hydrated.

The morning started with Tori and I waking at the crack of dawn to go to a garage sale of missionary friends who are moving back to the states.  We tried to drive, but our neighborhood was blocked in by the parade of all the Bands from around the nation.  Pretty cool by the way.  SO, we came back, parked, and walked.  And at 7:30, it was already so sweaty.  It was worth it though.  We got a few little things, one being some new plastic plates.  I have been looking for some...and they are just what I wanted:)  The way home included a stop at Brodies for a drink.  By 8, we were dripping.  But I loved the walk and talk with my amazing 14 yr old.  I am so thankful for my kids and cherish alone time with them...

As we came home, Lee and Erika were heading out to watch the bands.  I guess they did some pretty cool tricks and it was a great way to start the morning.  I did a few things around the house, but I kid you not...by about 10, we were all just sitting and watching a movie.  We did not have the energy to do anything else.  So hot and kept getting hotter.

I had tickets for the girls and I to go to a tea at the George Price Museum.  We had a hat decorated for Erika for a contest, clothes picked out...but oh, the dread of getting ready in a house that by now was 95 degrees!   In the house....no AC relief.  But somehow, we got ready.  We all felt not very beautiful and very sweaty and make up running off our face...but we went.

And I am glad we did.  I had such a wonderful time with my wonderful girls.  In the picture with my friend, Andrea, you can see how horrible I looked.  But I so enjoyed the tea party anyway.  I enjoyed the beauty, the conversation.  I bid on a beautiful cross for our wall and won.  I was so happy.  It was just a great day.  Oh, and Erika was the only one who decorated a hat in the children's category, so she won a beautiful centerpiece of amazing cookies:)  She was just beaming.

The next few days are supposed to be hotter!!!  We have been blessed with such nice cool weather for so long this winter...or mild, I should say.  So this heat is really tough on us.  Pray for some cooler temps...some relief:)  Thankfully at night, the temps go down.   We look forward to the evenings for sure.

Repurposing her flower girl dress with a pretty sash.
Love this picture of my beautiful girl.  Tori was beautiful too, but I respected the Mom, please no pictures because it is 95 degrees and ....
We sat with Santiago, and his mom, Andrea...they attend LifeNet.  Erika and Tori love this baby...he was a doll:)
Beautiful centerpiece and Erika ended up winning one.  The cookies were amazing.







And something important I forgot to say is that this fundraiser is for the tutor center that Tori helps at on Mondays in Maya Mopan.  So many of the children knew her.  It also is for a sponsorship program that helps kids go to school.  Just a great time for my girls and I, but a great cause too.   And one of the best parts was just going and not being in charge or having to help set up or clean up.  So often as a pastor's wife, I am always organizing or in charge or doing things...that I don't get to just sit and relax and visit or even eat with my own kids.  So today was a blessing on so many fronts.  And by the time we got home, the temps had dropped to a more bearable temp...maybe like 85 or so.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.